Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Just when I thought I seen everything!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A good customer brought his 870 over because of powershift issues. He can not understand why his RPS valve has spools sticking again. Well at least he did not throw the bypass valves away, but they will do no good if he installs them in the top of the filters again. Geez, I hate to tell him after 30 years of owning this tractor he screwed up, but I guess I have to. Rod.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I guess the old saying still fits. "You can lead them to water, but you can't make them drink"
Loren

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I am not a Case guy. So would you explain what he did wrong in a little more detail for the Non Case expert group. LOL

I am guessing that these valves have to be switched when you change the filters and he put them in the wrong end????

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have it, the link should take you to the breakdown page
cnt
filter link

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well Rod, better you telling him as a old friend, then him taking it somewhere, they tear it all down and give him a 8k bill, he will be thankful for good friends like you

olgentdc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

they aint gonna get much oil neither ,..

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As Tom's pic shows the valves go in the bottom of the filters. When installed correctly they force the oil to pass through the filters. If the filters become plugged or oil to thick that in can not pass through the filters, the valves open allowing some oil to by-bass to prevent oil starvation problem else where. That is where the name by-pass relief valve came from. Rod.

2510Paul
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So is that item 3 in the picture? Paul, ya, not a case guy either.

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes Paul #3 is the relief valve Rod is speaking of
cnt

Brokengun
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

May be he had some help changing filters and didnt know what had happened.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Were the springs on the bottom then?

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mel, yes the spring are installed at the bottom of the filters, sort of difficult to see in the pic.
Rod.

mEl
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Just when I thought I seen everything! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-1370rod"](quoted from post at 10:35:01 12/09/17) Mel, yes the spring are installed at the bottom of the filters, sort of difficult to see in the pic.
Rod.[/quote

Its a wonder the cans didn't split with the reliefs having the top outlet passage blocked

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters