Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

OBD2 scanner

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave8N in Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Harbor Frt. $100 scanner?

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't personally tried one, but Cen-tech is HF's house brand. Built to HF's exacting standards. (hint, hint)

Might be worth a try though, they do stand behind their products.

I've just had bad experiences in the past with HF electronics, power tools, anything I could not look at and come to a logical conclusion, "Is this any good"?

Dave8N in Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Steve, I think I might take chance on it.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What do you need to do, read and clear codes or look at engine data in real-time?

If you just need to read and clear codes, you can do it for a lot less than $100.00.

If you need to look at live engine data and the $100.00 scanner will show all the detail you need, it's a BARGAIN.

Bob Bancroft
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Friend just got one. He was able to use sale coupons, etc, and got it for 70 some dollars.

hd6gtom
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought a lot of electrical stuff from them never had a problem. Go for it.

spitz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I own one and use it at school for a basic auto class. Works great.

Roger in Wisconsin
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I saw them for sale at Auto Zone for $25.00

Hogleg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you have a smartphone you can install an app called Torque for $5 bucks. That and a spiffy $13 OBD2 to Bluetooth/WIFI adapter from amazon and you can both read codes and observe real time information. I have an android phone that uses the bluetooth adapter. If you have an Iphone you need a wifi adapter.

If you want more details, just ask.

John

JLeus
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I second the torque app and an inexpensive Bluetooth adaptor I picked up on eBay. Shows real time data for sensors. I have about $20.00 total invested and it's paid for itself 100s of times over.

Dave8N in Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks John, but I just had another thought. My truck is an 2004 ford diesel. Will any of these scanners work on it? I want to buy the right scanner the first time. No sense buying two.

Hogleg
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 2004 Ford Diesel. Works fine. Great for monitoring Engine Coolant temp vs. Engine Oil Temp (EOT) differential. It has told me that I am needing to have my oil cooler replaced. It also is telling me that I have a bad sensor and a few glow plugs not working. Will get it all fixed at the same time.

Here is the adapter I bought on amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJPHEBO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

John

Dave8N in Pa
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks Roger, I checked here at my local Auto Zone and they start at 60 bucks.

guido
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello dave8n in Pa,

Is this the model? This one works good, including live data and snap shot cababilities. Includes free updates and USB port for computet interface. Payed more then $100 for this one though,

GUIDO.

Dune Country
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: OBD2 scanner Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have Torque also, neat unit, just don't clear the codes while your SWMBO is driving! Rolling Eyes

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters