Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Winter is here

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As my old long gone farmer and neighbor Alfred used to say often, "The North wind is cold, no matter what direction it's coming from!" Not hard to read a flag lately. Don

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The high winds have finally moved on from here, and left a lot of cold air behind.

olgentdc
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You Aint Just Whistlin Dixie, Don! ,, But I Sure Do Wish You Were ,.it is 21 here tonite in southern Ind ..

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 am    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

as Mick Dundee would say "That's not a Winter" lol Stay Warm and Safe All
cnt

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don it is good to see a couple of my favorite flags. Yes winter might be here. Day before it was 5 in the morning. Your grass sure is greener than ours, but now we have a dusting of snow covering it. Do you get lake effect snows? Rod.

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don, nice to see the "Eagle" flying high!
We had 10" of snow here, then it almost all went in a "spring thaw" ha , now its settling into a winter trend with wind and cooler. But its part of the party. I know when it warmed up, I did get some branches and trees cleaned up
Merry Christmas Don
Dan

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This is a shot out of the farmyard.

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You. guy's can keep that white stuff. I'm hoping we never get any snow this winter. It's going to disappoint our grandson though. He's going to be living with us for a while. He was born and raised in North Caroline, and only saw snow a couple of times that would be gone in a day.

VAC400
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don, Great pictures, It is cold here in northwest Ohio and windy also. They say snow tomorrow but not much and still windy off the lake.

Don L.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"The North wind is cold, no matter what direction it's coming from!

don v
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Snowing here in southside Virginia. A little early for us but the moisture is WELCOME.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rod,

We do get a little lake effect, typically an inch or two more than other places, however, once in awhile we'll get NE or East driven weather that will dump a ton of snow. We are 2 miles east of Green Bay waters and 5 miles west of Lake Michigan. Snowing as I type this.

When I saw that Mopar flag I just had to get one. Don

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hello Don,

That screenshot from Green Acres is awesome. Hank Kimball, the county agent was hilarious. Still love that show after 50 years, especially Fred and Doris Ziffel and their "son" Arnold. Thanks for posting these memories. Don

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dan,

Every year I vow to get everything in order before winter hits and every year I don't quite make it. Tomorrow and Sunday I have to haul round bales home for the beef herd. An inch of snow makes an easy job much less fun. Should have 2-3 inches by tomorrow noon. Gettin' old doesn't help either! LOL A very Merry Christmas to you and your family! Don

shinnery
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Winter is here Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I showed 17 deg. F. last nite, but NO precip. in nearly a month. North west Texas.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters