Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cash accepted .....

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There's a family-run Italian restaurant near me. Great food, some of the best pizza I ever had, and they don't take credit or debit cards. They've been at the same location for ages.

K Effective
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our local gyro restaurant does not accept plastic, when the guys from work and I go there during our training week, I usually pay for half the shift, since they are not carrying cash. For most, it is when they first learn the meaning of "street rate", as in I loan you $10 today, you pay me $20 tomorrow.

ohiojim
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

was one of them "former" guys bruce jenner....

Gambles
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A couple of years ago, my mom had to have some blood tests at a hospital about an hour away. I took her there first thing in the morning and, as a thanks for being her chauffeur, she said she would pay for my breakfast at McDonalds. We both got our meals to stay and my mom put down a $100 bill as payment. I knew the problem some businesses have taking large denomination, but since I didn't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, I kept my mouth shut and didn't say anything to my mom. The lady behind the counter about freaked out. She immediately shut down the line and called the manager over. The manager saw the $100 bill, clinched his mouth and shook his head at the same time. He then told me that he had to get change from the time-lock safe and that he would bring our change out to where we would be eating. About 10 minutes later, we hadn't seen our change yet, so I walked back to the counter to remind him that he still owed us money. Another five minutes had passed and I went to remind him again. We were fully done eating and I had to go back to the counter again to get the change from the $100 bill. Most people truly do want a cash-less society.
Also try paying for a transaction with a $1 coin or a $2 bill and listen to them complain.

RayP(MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wife does a number of bazaar, fiberfests, reinactments, and farm markets. Surprising how many customers come to those places without cash or checks. Wife has finally got a card reader for her phone thru PayPal. I hate that, but it is just the cost of doing business. At least you don't get caught with rubber checks or bogus bills.

Frankmn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is a cookie factory outlet store in River falls Wisconsin that will not accept cash.

K Effective
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Son and I are headed to the local sports bar soon to watch Thursday night football and have a cold beverage. One of the waitresses has an iPad for placing orders and collecting payment with cards, most of the other folks do it the old fashioned way bringing a bill, taking your card back, then returning for you to sign. I understand this is often a chance for your numbers to be stolen while card is out of your sight.

The only times I have had an issue have both been with the young lady and her iPad. The first time, her tip was never added to my bill, and last time, the tip I entered was replaced by a lower amount. I am returning with this last slip to show her the issue, the first time I paid the tip in cash the next time we were there, after my bank ensured me the transaction was final at the no-tip amount.

Mark - IN.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can think of an airline that doesn't take cash for at least alcoholic beverages on any of their flights, and when they say "No" they mean "NO". I would love to tell you the name of the airline but as part of the settlement the judge ordered me never to mention their name publicly. He also ordered me to never get within 100 feet of their check in counters or boarding areas which is kind of hard to do when I'm flying into or out of small airports. They did not turn the plane around like they threatened, but they did have marshals there waiting for me when we landed as they said they would. I have never had another man other than a doctor touch me in the places those guys did, and when they told me to get undressed I guess that it didn't really matter because they did it for me when I slurred "NO". The bottom line here is that some airlines don't take cash while in the air, and if they tell you that they don't, don't argue with them and certainly don't try to "force" them to. And if they do turn the flight around in mid air, I understand that its more expen$ive than just having marshals meet you on the tarmac that don't even work for them. And if you brink your own beer in your carry on and put it above in the overhead compartments, make sure that its a brand that they actually have on the flight, and if it is, share with the people sitting next to you otherwise the squealers will squeal on you...the little squealers. From now on I'm just going to take a train and get my own sleeper compartment that is nowhere near the pilot, or train engineer. I have to wonder though that if you go staggering into the locomotive if they get as bent out of shape as they do in the pilots cockpit. And I thought that they were supposed to lock their cockpit anyway. If they had, well, I can't ride that airline anymore anyway, at least that's what that judge told me. I'll bet that judge has never ever ridden on a tractor much less own or even touched one.

Mark

DoubleR
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My wife and I took off for a two week 4,500 mile motorcycle a couple of years ago. We were 50 miles from home when I realized I forgot to stash a little cash just in case. We had 15 bucks cash between us. We had a nice trip, stayed in motels, ate out 3 times a day, brought pop, beer, snacks and everything else you would need or want. We even rented a car for a day to site see in Grand Junction with our son who lived their at the time. When we got home we still had 6 bucks cash. I did have a ATM card but never used it. Did it all with a credit card which I normally do anyway although normally have some cash just in case and do use cash for anything under 5-10 bucks.

Tom OConnor
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mark,

You should be very thankful that the pilot didn't put that airliner down at a non scheduled airport and put you off. I had a friend that had a seizure on board a flight between Detroit and Palm Beach and they had to make a medical emergency stop in Macon, Georga and was presented a bill for over $43,000.00. I do not know how it was settled but interfering with a flight crew has some severe consequences.

dhermesc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cash accepted ..... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like to have a drink now and then but I never drink while flying. Nothing like getting a belly full of beer and have the plane go through 20 minutes of turbulence. Saw that happen to the guy in the seats across the isle from me once. You think a plane seat is uncomfortable, try puking on yourself and the two people sitting beside and then sitting in awkward silence for another hour. Things get ****ed uncomfortable then. That and I need to be somewhat sharp when going through an airport - I do it so seldom that throwing a few drinks in the mix might make things a lot more exciting than they need to be.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters