Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

super scientific winter forecast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gab
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

First snow of the year the radio station in Monroe Wisconsin calculates the coming snowfalls according to some Dakota indian folklore, has to do with days to the last moon and add that to the next and subtract something, I don't remember it, anyway you start with the first snow you can track a cat which is today. Last years prediction was 9 snowfalls and we got 7, this years prediction is 26 snowfalls, pretty scary huh, is for me anyway.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dang!!! kinda hope-ing the taler bunkhouse in flerida will be ready pretty soon. fawteen had some mighty tasty lookin pie there!!! heard john t is down scoutin us a location. we-unz could snowbird down there and avoid them wintry mixes!!!

Tony in SD
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Reminds me of the cowboy who was watching the Indians stocking up on blankets. The cowboy thinks it must be a bad winter coming up. So he thinks he better put up more hay. The Indians see the cowboy putting up more hay. So the Indians think it must be a bad winter coming upr. So they make more blankets. The cowboy see the Indians making more blankets. So the cowboy puts up more hay. The Indians see the cowboy putting up more hay. So the Indians think it?s going to be a rough winter. So they make more blankets. The cowboy see the Indians making more blankets. So the cowboy puts up more hay. The Indians see the cowboy putting up more hay. So the Indians think it?s going to be a rough winter. So they make more blankets. The cowboy see the Indians making more blankets. So the cowboy puts up more hay.............

730virgil
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

where are you at that you listen to monroe radio? did you hear this with glen smith?
i am about 10 miles southwest of monroe

730virgil
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

radio dj was driving to work when he saw local indian chief stock piling wood pile he got to work and said looks like we are in for rough winter.
every morning chief would say to his wife i guess i better cut more wood this went on for a few weeks.
one day on his way to radio station he saw chief out cutting more wood.
he stopped and asked chief why are you cutting so much wood? are you watching squirrels woolly worms what are you looking at?
chief said when my wife and i are eating bacon and eggs we listen to you on radio and you say well looks like we are in for rough winter so i cut more wood.

Dave H (MI)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If they are wrong do you think you could Sioux them? Smile

gab
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wouldn't care at all if they were wrong by twenty snowfalls too many.

gab
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm probably 18 or 20 miles southeast, should know the miles exactly as many times as I've been to the Mo. clinic the last few years. Listen to Glen and Scotty almost every morning. Every time I go to Monroe I treat myself to a package of Limburger.

kruser
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good One !!

farmerwithmutt
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The ember days 20 21 and 23. Weren't they the station on the banks of the mighty richland?

Al L. in Wisc.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

off your subject but did Meinhaus (spelling) Brewery go back to Huber? This late summer and fall I have tasted some Huber Bock, thus my ?.

There is a place off the square with three establishments in in one that served a great ham sandwich with havarti cheese; cute and friendly beertenderess also...Heidi???

gab
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Don't know anything about the brewery, I know a Meinhaus woman was advertising her restaurant real hard most of the summer on radio and I was assuming it was next to or part of the brewery. Can't think of a place off the square like that unless your talking about the Rathskeller, kind of a fancy restaurant/bar/bowling alley.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not if they are only an inch at a time. Not that uncommon to get 26" in one storm here in upstate NY.
Loren

730virgil
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: super scientific winter forecast Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Baumgartners on the square Limburger on rye bread with onion brown mustard with a cold beer of course

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters