Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Tipping the hauler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there a customary tip for the guy that hauls your tractor home for you? 10%? 20%? $50?

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I usually just pay what they bill me ? But who doesn't like a tip !

BarnyardEngineering
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah, I did that once, even rounded up to the nearest $100 so he actually got about a $40 tip and he seemed none too pleased.

Frankly he had no business complaining because Dad worked for 2 hours out in sub-zero temperatures with the loader tractor to rearrange his load for him... For all intents and purposes he should've tossed $100+ back to Dad for the help.

Texas Cowboy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haul cattle and equipment quite a bit for other
people. Rarely do any of them tip me and I never
expect them to. The only exception is sometimes I
will help someone work or sort their cattle quite a
few of them will add to the freight but I still don't
expect it. Tony

john in la
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A tip is always nice but to be truthful I would rather you know what my job as a hauler is and what your job is.

In other words have things ready to go on both ends when I arrive.

3020G
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i like tips!!! But I've hauled a LOT of equipment and I was tipped once.

Al Baker(pumpman)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a different angle to this question. I had a pickup hualed to my farm by Willie Welchert. When he got here he had a wheel bearing on his trailer burnt up. I did the repair here at my shop and when it was time to settle up I told him how much for the repair. He paid me 50 bucks more than I asked for! I have seen other posts before saying willie was a top notch hauler and I can also say he is with the best.I have given haulers a few bucks extra who have done a good job, even had a few come in for supper, but this was the first time I got tipped from the hauler. AL

Moonlite37
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably as rare as Cow Tipping (see Wikipedia)

Fred from MO
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Funny I struggle with this. I tipped a guy $100 bucks on a dozer delivery which I recall was about$350 delivery charge because I wanted to keep good relations and use the guy again. The second time I used him to haul the same dozer from a shorter distance cost me $500!!! needless to say I didn't tip the second time around.

jsborn
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Tipping the hauler Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I may be in the minority but if I contract a person or company to do a job I expect them to do a good job with good service. I don't see the need to tip someone for doing their job. If they think it is worth more they should put it in their bid price. With that said if during the job something pops-up outside of their /my control and they help resolve the problems that may be a cause for tip or additional charge.

You don't go to Wally World and pay extra for an item just because the cashier didn't snear at you do you?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters