Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Final drive pan gasket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swinneysjdmt
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Final drive pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could someone lead me in the right direction. I?m needing a
gasket for a John Deere MT on the final drive pan. The gasket
I?m referring to has 10 or so bolts going through it. I have
searched online. Maybe I?m not putting in the correct
terminology. Thanks in advance. !

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Final drive pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you can't find one just clean both surfaces well and use a thin bead of silicone like most engines use for sealing oil pans and valve covers.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Final drive pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

another option is to buy gasket material and make your own. napa has various types in rolls. i got some from farm and fleet also.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Final drive pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it is like the ones on the A/C C bull gear area take a cereal box or beer case box and lay it out then put a thin coat of grease on the pan. Carefully lay it on the card board and let it sit a few minutes. Carefully lift it off again and then cut out the lines the grease made and then you have the gasket you need. A set of hole punch type set helps cut out the bolt holes and can be found pretty cheap. Last set I got was around $5 for a set of 6 at Orscheln's in there bargain tool area

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Re: Final drive pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gasket #M1009T is still available through your local John Deere dealer for some $13.00.

If you don't have a parts catalog, you can download a copy for FREE (.pdf file) form the John Deere Parts website.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject: Re: Final drive pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with Dieseltech that many OEM gaskets for oil pans and other sheet metal cover-like parts use a gasket that may very well be silicone rubber. I did this once a few years ago. I put down a very light bead, then I put the part in place with only gravity holding it down. Then I waited the correct time for the RTV to 'V", before tightening the screws. This made me a relatively thick gasket but eliminated the possibility of RTV silicone squeezing out and plugging a passage.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Final drive pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You could cut your own gasket.

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Final drive pan gasket Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-wgm wrote:
(quoted from post at 12:01:20 12/19/17) You could cut your own gasket.

Do you mean like Glenster and Old suggested?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Restoration and Repair Tips All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters