Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MM RTI - Gil Roy Conversion; Trans stuck in reverse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: MM RTI - Gil Roy Conversion; Trans stuck in reverse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Merry Christmas!

I got to go home to Az for Christmas and have
returned to working on the RTI of mine. It has a
bunch of Gil Roy pumps and motors on it (the blade
lifting and the chain drive from the original rear axle
to the second is all that is still hooked up.) It was
decided that this was for a trencher-if anyone has
more info specific to this the MM RTI conversion Id
like to see.

In working on it the last few days, we got the
Hydraulic working and put it in gear-and got it stuck
in gear. Looking at the parts book, the gas tank
needs to come off, and the the whole trans/reared
cover to get to the forks?
Any tips/ recommendations on the disassembley
/fixing?

Thanks

ndbjda
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MM RTI - Gil Roy Conversion; Trans stuck in reverse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Has your shifting lever come out of the quadrant so it moves freely without shifting any gears? If so I would remove the shifting lever as a first step. With a good light you should be able to see the slot the end of the shift lever goes in. A large screwdriver or pry bar should enable you to pop it back in neutral. I'm betting the pin that retains your shifter is worn allowing it slip up and out of the quadrant.

T.R.K.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: MM RTI - Gil Roy Conversion; Trans stuck in reverse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A picture of your machine would sure be nice.

David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: MM RTI - Gil Roy Conversion; Trans stuck in reverse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

T.R.K. I've taken new photos-however when I tried uploading from my phone the other day I couldn't get them to post-had better luck today.But there are a few in my old post, link attached.

Ndbjda:
Yes it poped to where it was moving freely and not shifting gears. Sadly, this RTI has the trans-rearend- cover and shift tower is all one long casting, and the shifter ONLY comes out the bottom of the casting. So, told it all apart, yes the pin in the wall of the shift tower was worn-so toll it out and had the machinist down the road make a new one. We put it back together short of a gasket and all the bolts (hard part of that was lining up the pto fork) and it seams to work with a lot less play.

So now to make a gasket of silicone.

Untitled URL Link

David R Inman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: MM RTI - Gil Roy Conversion; Trans stuck in reverse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

And, I got confused the other day on the modification parts maker- the pumps and motors are By Be Ge of Gil Roy Ca.

ndbjda
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: MM RTI - Gil Roy Conversion; Trans stuck in reverse Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hope I helped, my apologies', forgot that the shift lever is held up by a spring from the bottom. Haven't fixed that part on my R since 2002.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters