Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimate

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You seem to already know what its worth so advertise it at $4500 and see how many calls you get...
It wont be me or any other MM collector that I know..No one on here has made an offer and probably
wont after what you have said..You asked for our estimate of worth and we gave it..

Pictured is a friends red grill UTU that sold at his auction in 2012...It sold for $1650 which was half of
what I thought it would bring because the tractor market was stronger back then..It was a very hot day
and there had been 4-5 large collections of MM's sell that year..This was one dandy UTU with new tires..

newfarmer9
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So you come on here saying you don't know what your tractor is worth and want an estimate of its value, then attack people who give good honest answers? Why would you even ask for opinions then?

And FYI there is a tractor blue book, I don't have the current 2017 version in front of me but looking at the 2015 book average retail on a UTU was $1,630.00 to $1,850.00. Those values are a little give-or-take depending on location, conditon, etc. but they are a good starting point. I would say your tractor is worth $2,500 to $3,000 tops, and no that is not an offer I'm not interested in it.

J. Schwiebert
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Send me a reply. I would like to talk Oil Pulls. I am north of Lima. Thanks J.

16-30 oilpull
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Who's the idiot now?

JOCCO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For $800 you did not get hurt on that one!!!

Minck
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well i would scrap it if i was desperate for money and that i am not. This tractor just would be better off with someone who has the use or hobby for one and low balling someone isnt helping them out just saying if u was interested in something you usually ask to see it before you offer a price.

16-30 oilpull
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

minck,Sir I never made you an offer but only commented on what it might be worth. As you can see from other post I was in the ball park(only as a starting point for you to price per your request)You have priced it and I am not interested. When you call someone an idiot it becomes personal and I responded from emotion as you are now.I suggest we both drop this and go on about our lives. You have a price in mind so see if you can get it. Your tractor is nice looking and that is a real plus. I don't think anyone on here intended to offend you or "low ball" an offer. So if the prices given you don't suite you then walk away. I don't see that anyone really made you an offer.This is somewhat of a brotherhood on here and most of us respect others opinions even when we don't agree. I see you are fairly new to this site so take a deep breath and relax. No one as I see it was trying to screw you. If you can't accept that then go away or some of us will try to see that your barred from here

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You must be dreaming if you think that anyone on here has made an you offer....We have
told you that in todays market its a $2500-3000 tractor....My tractor is in great mechanical
condition and if I slapped a paint job on it I doubt that I could get $2500 for it in my area..

1206SWMO
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did OK on it.....I have $200 in tires,$75 for a original manifold,$50 to put it back to magneto
start,and more than I care to mention in hiring the gas tank fixed..I got a rebuilt carburetor for
$75 on a sale...I hauled it 200 miles home from central Kansas....The way it sits I have about
$1500 in it and I never had to touch the engine..My friends restored UTU in Kansas would have
been a much better buy at $1650 but whom knows where the other bidder would have stopped..

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good morning minck, first let me say your grandfather did a beautiful job restoring that tractor, looking at the pictures you posted of the tractor you can see he spent 100's of hours on every part and detail. I can see in the fit and finish on this tractor your grandfather took pride in his work and I would have liked to have met your grandfather and talked tractors with him, unfortunately I can't say the same about his grandson. keep this tractor in the family minck, keep it running, don't let it sit and rot, don't sell it, pass it on to your grandson. no one on this site was trying to insult or low ball you they gave you their honest opinion.

Scout2008
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have been using this site for a while, and this is the first time on the MM forum I have seen someone get upset at the other regular MM posters. The MM forum is ALWAYS a great source of knowledge and advice for those of us with questions. I too inherited a MM from my Grandpa. I restored it myself. I paid for the tires, gauges, prep, paint, and everything else needed to do what most people have called an awesome restoration. I did all of this knowing I would never sell it, but if I did I would never get the money out of it that I put in. I did the restoration out of pure memory of Grandpa, and love of MM tractors. I have over $5,000 in my UB, and I know that it would be hard to get $3500 back out of it. Reading down through the posts it seems to me people are trying to help you realize what your tractor is worth, not insult you. Sentimental value is priceless, and will definitely make you think something is worth more than it really is.....I would not sell my UB even if I were offered 5 million dollars (and I mean I would not sell) because that?s how much it means to me to sit on the seat and drive it remembering my Grandpa....and money cant buy that feeling. It?s your tractor, list it at what you think its worth. Don?t be mad if others don?t think its worth what you do, and don?t ask for what others think its worth if you don?t want to hear the truth. BTW, I?m in Ohio too.

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

well said scout, and please add my name to the list of people on the awesome job you did restoring your grandfathers tractor. I'm sure he's looking down smiling every time you climb onto the seat fire the old girl up and head out for a drive or hook it up and do some work around the farm. that is how we show respect and honour our grandfathers memory and the legacy they left us. if my grandfather had left me a restored 1940 mm-u you would have to pry it from my cold dead hands to quote Charlton Hesston!

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have read and re-read these posts and I don't see where anyone made you an offer. You asked for opinions and that's what you got. And if this post seems idiotic, so be it.

Kevin Moschenrose
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Scout you done your grandfather proud on that UB. BOY DOES THAT THING LOOK SHARP! Also on your comments I couldn't have said it better myself.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: 1940 Minneapolis Moline u. can i get a worth guesstimat Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wish my UB looked as good as yours. Good job.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters