Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

antique tractor pulling?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ss55
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It seems that any motor sport eventually becomes a "cheating contest" for those at the top. Do you enjoy pulling for fun or is winning important to you? Building to win can get expensive.

mmfan55
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Amen. Agree with you and d beatty

High Octane
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

True antique year cut off date be 1956. Jmho

moresmoke
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ask pullers what type of track they want to pull on and 98% will say a power track.

Get out on a loose low traction track, and the men are quickly separated from the boys. HP doesn't matter if you can't use it.

Speed of the tractor doesn't make much difference until you get above 12 mph or so. (My observation from the seat of the sled.)

535353m
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Moresmoke,-- u r delusional !!JUST SAYING,SPEED MAKES NO DIFFERENCE,WTF !!!!!!!!

Dblair
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just looked at the nebraska test on the 1947 jda and the tire size was 11x38 which equats to 12.4x38

showcrop
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Moresmoke, I agree 100%!!!! on a power track, you can force those power boys down to 3 MPH, and they can still keep the sled moving on down the track after their RPMs get pulled down. Speed makes little difference. But, you put them on a soft track, that is where you even things out, because they can't use their power. I used to do pretty well with my slightly warmed up Ford when most tracks in the area were soft. Over the years a number of the soft tracks have had clay put on them to make the power boys happy. Now we have just a few soft tracks where I can still do well. The power boys love to agree with each other about how speed limits level the playing field. Sure, it does for them, but the stock or nearly stock tractor people are on a different level playing field a few floors down.

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Every thing that pulls at our pulls is gasoline or LP and the club has tach and checks engine RPM. We allow 10% over in stock and 20% over in modified classes. In our area I don't know of any bodys tractor that is stock bored pulling tractor or not.

High Octane
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Lol, all my fs pullers were. Altho, most said otherwise. Last I knew, there's a bunch of strokers n non stock bores in fs in your club. Rpm checks? Right.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So many younger fellas have the $$$ and do not care about any rules they don't get caught breaking..( known no-a-days as "Fun")..

Those tractors are just like their automobile..just a TOY.

I am surprised not more are killed on their HotRod tractors..they are terribly unsafe operators..

I guess it makes them feel more "manly", is all I can see..

Dblair
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

here's our tire size for the weight classes

2,750 - 3,000 - 3,500 - 4,000 LBS

14.9 MAX WIDTH UP TO 170 SQ IN

13.6 x 38 = 168 SQ IN

4,500 ? 5,000 LBS

16.9 MAX WIDTH UP TO 210 SQ IN

14.9 x 38 = 200 SQ IN

5500 -- 6,000 ? 7,000 LBS

18.4 MAX WIDTH UP TO 260 SQ IN

16.9 x 38= 252 SQ IN

8,000 ? 9,000 LBS

18.4 MAX WIDTH UP TO SQ IN

18.4 x 38 = 300 SQ IN

10,000 ? 11,000 ? 12,000 LBS

23.1 MAX WIDTH UP TO 420 SQ IN

20.8 x 38 = 352 SQ IN

535353m
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE,NOT A ONE SIZE FITS ALL SPORT. Most problems come from clubs not enforcing the rules in place.

mdross
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: antique tractor pulling? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Every club is different ours is speed limited, 10% over stock hp, 1% over class weight. We can run up to 18.4 tires. The ones not following the rules really standout who are asked to weigh their tractors first thing after a win.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Pulling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters