Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Help ID - PTO-mounted Hyd Pump + Reservoir for 8N

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject: Help ID - PTO-mounted Hyd Pump + Reservoir for 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As I continue my shop cleanup/organization project, I dug these two PTO-mounted hydraulic pumps with reservoir out of the pile, but can't find a data plate to be able to positively ID them.

I bought them probably ten years ago (before I bought my AC190 loader tractor, since replaced with the Boomer 8N), and was going to use the complete one to run a hydraulic cylinder on the old JD planter I was using at the time. Never got around to actually mounting it up, though, and I really don't need them now (second one is for spare parts).

There's a bit of a branding decal on the back of one, but I can't make out the name, nor does the horse logo look familiar.

Anyone know who made 'em? My google-fu isn't working well today.

They're for sale if anyone's interested. Probably more as a novelty 'vintage accessory' than of any real use, though. $75 + shipping for both (including the hoses), and I'm in the Peoria, IL area.

es

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ID - PTO-mounted Hyd Pump + Reservoir for 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were made by Char-Lynn. The "horse" decal on the back of the one on the right gives it away, "Char-Lynn Hydraulic Horsepower" was their slogan "back in the day". I have one, as well, that I'm not using.

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ID - PTO-mounted Hyd Pump + Reservoir for 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Perfect - thanks for the ID!

es

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ID - PTO-mounted Hyd Pump + Reservoir for 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My cousin has one of those on his AC-B to
run a small loader. They're actually a
handy little unit. Hydraulic pump,
reservoir and control valve all in one
little package run off the pto.

John730D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ID - PTO-mounted Hyd Pump + Reservoir for 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd like to have them. I'm over by Pontiac, IL I could pick up this week. 309-826-6658 cell. Please call me. Thanks, John

Ed S. (IL)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ID - PTO-mounted Hyd Pump + Reservoir for 8N Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-John730D wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:32:47 12/31/17) I'd like to have them.

Consider them sold, John!

es

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters