Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Something dirty.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaesark
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Something dirty. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well thought I would check out the internals while the front spindle bushes get attended to in town. The oil don't look too flash but relieved to see that the hydraulics appear to be in good order and to my surprise very little evidence of any sludge in the bottom.
If I wanted to flush out how would you suggest.
Thanks

Tony in Mass.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Something dirty. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yaaaaa... I'd be more concerned about the arsend than the front end. A few gallons of diesel sloshed around in there 'might' do the trick. That is a lot of H2O in that cappuccino you've got there, you're luck it never froze or pitted anything. The long thread you will start by asking what to put back in there will be interesting, long gone 'John UK' in Lancashire, a former Harry Ferguson employee, said 10w40 engine oil, and I have been doing that for nearly 9 years now... no ill effects yet...

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Something dirty. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I agree with the diesel, kerosene, or naphtha.

Soak a rag, swab it around, wipe and wring it out.

Real common to find water in those. It gets in around the draft link, shifter boot, and condensation.

kaesark
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Something dirty. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Think I will give the diesel a go trying to
avoid taking the top cover off if I can,
was thinking of running diesel through the
back pack sprayer as it has a reasonable
wand to get at all those hard to get spots.

Charles in Aus.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Something dirty. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used diesel in a sprayer , it worked very well but I seem to have developed an allergy to it now . I break out in a rash even when filling my Landrover's fuel tank , so be careful and wear nitrile gloves and a volatile vapour mask .
There is a ' dead spot ' just behind the pump and before the back of the pto , bucket loads of crud lodge here . It would probably be a good thing if you pull the pto shaft out so you can get in there and clean this out .

kaesark
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Something dirty. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you take the top off under the seat to get access????

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Harry Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters