Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Multi-Task Ladders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DelMN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm looking at the Franklin multi-task ladder from HF. They seem comparable to Werner, Keller, and Little Giant except for price. $110 Has anyone have any experience with one?
Thanks

Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I bought a Little Giant 25 yrs ago best money I ever spent. I have 6 ladders and it is the first one I grab and for a reason.

Princeton Bill
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have a HF one in the AZ house. It works good for
many jobs. A little heavy, but all of that type are.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one but not sure the brand of it. Worked good till one of the joint latch parts broke.

JOCCO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not sure of the brand but I bought one of them used from a friend years back. I really like it. Makes about 40 different shapes I only use like 3 but it is handy. To me great for utility work like a step ladder.

Teakettle
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They were even cheaper on Black Friday, I think I got mine for about $90. Absolutely comparable to the much more expensive Little Giants that are entertainingly promoted at the ag fairs around here, in all the good and bad aspects (for example, it's heavy as heck, which makes it a bit of a pain to use as a short extension ladder).

john *.?-!.* cub owner
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not familiar with the HF one, but I have had a Werner for several years. It makes a 10 or 12 foot (don't remember which, step ladder, and is good and sturdy for use as a straight ladder. Short comings are it is fairly heavy, and the legs are failry wide at the base, which makes it more stable, but difficult to get into close spots.

RedGreenGuy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried one of the HF ladders. Latch failed on 1st use. Would not hold in locked position. Returned and bought a Werner. Have two Werners. Very safe and always work.

2x4
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

bought mine 6 yrs. ago & wonder how I ever got along w/o it. Don't remember where the other ladders are stored at anymore.

jtwat
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Almost bought one at HF but I looked at it and saw it only has one rivet holding each side of the step to frame. Was on sale at the time for $109.00.
Went over to Lowes and they had the Werner ladders for $79.00 and built better. Bought two.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A few years back I bought the original Little Giant brand made in the USA. Figured I'd support the USA workers even though it cost 3 x as much.

I really do like it. You can get it into places no other ladder will go and it seems to be a lot more stable. Biggest thing I do not like is the narrow rungs. But if you are going to be in one spot for awhile you can use the platform to stand on.

Bob - MI
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Multi-Task Ladders Reply to specific post Reply with quote

About 8 years ago after looking at the Little Giant and pricing things around I bought a Keller Type 1A 22' multi-function ladder from Menard's. Model KMT-22 currently at $159.00.

This is on the heavy side so I use it only when I need it but the rungs are D-shaped and it's the most stable ladder I have ever owned. You really can't appreciate how handy these are until you own one.

My daughter always has some sort of project that I end up helping on and after years of hauling this ladder back and forth I bought her a 13' version during Black Friday sales at Lowe's for somewhere around $75.00. She wasn't impressed at first with my Christmas present idea but I haven't hauled my ladder over there since.

This is made from heavy wall aluminum extrusions and I'm sure you will like it. LG ladders are sold at a discount at Costco and Sam's Club if you want to stay brand loyal.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tool Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters