Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrd_scot@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1965 Ford 3000 diesel, the three point is very slow to raise, temperature does not seem to effect the speed of the lift operation. The lift does raise and lower and holds with weight any ideas where I
should start. someone said it could be a stuck ball bearing on the pump any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help
New to tractors

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Define "slow". When the engine is running at proper 540 rpm PTO speed (around 1800 to 1850 engine rpm), how long does it take for the arms to raise from the full down position to full up with no implement attached?

Also, have you tried adjusting the flow control valve (black knob on right side below 3 point handle)? Clockwise increases flow and counter-clockwise decreases flow.

What does the fluid look like?

wrd_scot@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

forgot to mention has some shuddering when lifting, I have bleed the pump by opening the hex nut on the end of the pump. fluid looked a little milky so I changed it. no difference
Lift time 60 seconds bottom to top

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had chattering and sometimes no-lift in cold weather on my 2000. Completely went through the lift but nothing changed. A rebuild kit on the pump made all the difference. Also took a while to bleed "all" the air out. I put a hose barb on the bleed port and ran a clear host to the fill opening. The fluid looked solid while it was running but the bubbles showed when I shut it off. Took about 15 minutes to get it all out.

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shuddering is air. I have a '65 3000, fresh 134a and recently put a new piston O-ring on the 3 pt. I do have the flow control valve set for reduced flow so that implements don't slam down when lowered and slow lift response is the result. Air is usually eliminated by multiple full up/down cycling at PTO rpms.

wrd_scot@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you run that back to the rear end and what size was the bard you used .Did you rebuild the pump yourself or did you have someone do it for you. If so what was the cost estimate. Just had my engine overhauled. " Big expense" Thank you for your help

wrd_scot@yahoo.com
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What fluid did you use, I put TSC Renew but after reading it does not say it is 134 compliant

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a kit from this site. It was TISCO and not the greatest quality but it worked. I think the main problem was the check valves even though they looked OK. I do all my own work, too cheap to pay someone and I really enjoy the challenge. Between my own experience, shop manuals and advice from this site I manage to get it done. IRRC it's a 3/8 pipe plug in the pump. I used a reducer and 1/4 NPT to hose barb and neoprene tubing from a hardware. Needs at least 7 feet to reach.

Texasmark1
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Ford 3000 Three Point hitch slow to raise Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD 303, aka 134A,B from Walmart.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters