Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

4690 and Brent ripper...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A year ago I bought a Brent ripper for corn ground. On the wifes computer to post a picture....

Kow Farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Beautiful tractor sir! I spent quite a few hours in a 4890 myself a couple decades ago. Great tractors. Thanks for sharing the pic.
Kow Farmer Kurt

WI Dan
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those white Case's look so good in the field.

1370rod
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good looking team Steve, doing a nice job. Rod.

gaylon davis
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

hello 1370 rod could we talk some time about this 1030 case confort king three point lift problem iam having sure would appreciate some advise about i, my cell #817 304 3174. thanks gaylon

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neighbor has a Case 4890. Pretty good tractor. His only troubles have been the steering switches??? and high cost of engine parts when he rebuilt the motor several years ago.

IRC he talks about how the 90 series did not use the cable steering system and has electric switches to control it. I know he has had to do some major rewiring on the steering.

Still cheap horsepower.

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bought the ripper by Mountain Lake Mn. Long drive with the one ton Cummins to get home.

94case
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking 4690. How do you like the Brent ripper? Is that the CPC model?

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

People on another forum bit** about them but I like it. Does a fine job in chopped stalks or right behind the combine...CPC model. Dealers wanted $10000 for them but found a young guy needing cash and paid 1/4 of that.

rndy3788
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-casecollectorsc wrote:
(quoted from post at 04:55:52 01/06/1Cool People on another forum bit** about them but I like it. Does a fine job in chopped stalks or right behind the combine...CPC model. Dealers wanted $10000 for them but found a young guy needing cash and paid 1/4 of that.
nice looking rig and job, do you have a chopping head? If so what kind of rolls on the head ? I picked up a well used 7 shank mw ripper last yr that is all my 48 can handle I m actually thinging of taking it down to 5 shanks

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 4690 and Brent ripper... Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JD 643 head on a 1640 C-IH combine. I bought a used Alloway 20' chopper this fall to replace a wore out Case V-12. Chopper does a good job as
does your ripper.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters