Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Never Fails!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith-OR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Getting ready to put crankshaft in engine block, went to look for my engine assembly lube. Could not find it anywhere, Grinch must have taken it. So today went to town and bought another tube, making sure everything is clean, installed Main bearings in block and caps. hhhhmmmm was looking in roll around draws for for something else, waalaa there was my assembling lube, if it had been a snake, would have bitten me.
Grinch must have brought it back when I wasn't looking, gonna set a trap for that durn Grinch, but then I'll probably loose the trap.

Have a good day
Call a friend and HUG A LOVE ONE------------------Rich!!!! Smile :)

Keith & Shawn

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So you arn't special. When I havent been able to find the spraycan of white,red,orange,black,hunter green, clearcoat, or tan. Go buy another can. When you get home the other can will be right where you left it, on the kitchen counter. That is why there are two bottles of contact cement. Four grease guns, two 1/2 air wrenches, all kinds of power cords, six or seven garden hoses, about ten shovels, did I leave anything out? Drives ya crazy. Wink

Keith-OR
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thing of it is, we didn't loose anything, it was right where we put it or left it... Grinch took it!! Smile Smile

NEKS
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plastic pipe under cattle water has pin hole. Picked up two hose clamps in town to fix it. Remember carrying hose clamps out to barn. Haven't see them since. What detained me from fixing it.

howdy1960
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kinda like a 7/16 wrench for me. I 'used' to have 7 or 8 now lucky to find 1 Sad

Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Happens all the time in my shop.
Gremlins are the culprits here.
I am the Grinch.
Richard in NW SC

pcsaw
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When the boy was still home I always blamed him now I have nobody but myself to blame

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:10 am    Post subject: Re: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That is why I don't put wrenches back in the tool box as soon as I am done with them. I can remember where I last used them and the Grinch can't find them. You have to be smarter than a Grinch. HeHe.
Loren

Bob in SD
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I normally find it when I go to put the new purchase away, in the obvious spot where it should be stored. I bet I've got three or four big tubs of anti-seize.

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: Never Fails!!! Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have the "one" in you pocket and then look in one or two unlikely places and you just might find their nest. Then you can throw all of them in the box.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters