Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Concrete

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Concrete Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only change here I would recommend is the use of pea gravel rather than small stone and you are good to go. Forget using mesh because 90% of mesh is placed under the concrete.

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Concrete Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup, sorry, I was computing the footer and guessing at a 6" width. Should've known it would be 8", just wasn't thinking.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Concrete Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Have to watch pea gravel most of it won't meet hardness spec.

Stephen Newell
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Concrete Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nobody can really answer that question. Floor requirements will vary a great deal from town to town in the same area. Like where I live the soil is sugar sand and 20 miles west of me the soil is gumbo. You're better off getting specifications from your local government.

When you get specifications cement is figured by the yard, meaning enough cement to make a cube 3'x3'x3'. If the floor calls for 4" thick then you can get 81 square feet from a yard.

ed will
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Concrete Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi, when you pour concrete on mesh, make sure
you lift the mesh with a rake as you pour. The mesh
has to be in the concrete to be any good.Ed Will
Oliver BC

Angle Iron
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Concrete Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jr1983 wrote:
(quoted from post at 06:23:21 01/02/1Cool I'm debating on getting a garage this spring. It is used I would be moving it in. What I'm thinking of is 20 x 25. The heaviest thing I'll probably have in it will be my mm u. It will require a concrete floor and footings. How thick should I pour the floor? How do I figure the amount of concrete required to pour the footings? I have been in on pouring enough concrete at this point I can get it done just fine. Have access to a roller and a whacker. I'm not a professional by any means so I have a few novice questions but I can handle the dirt work and finish work.
First thing is what is the frost depth on average? footer should be below the frost line from what I remember. Even if you have no building code that you have to follow I would still check for recomendations. On my 24X30 i used 3.5 inch slab in a monolithic pour with the footer the footer. The slab is 12 in thich around the edges and 3.5 to 4 on the rest. Two #5 rebar's around in the footer and concrete wire in the rest. We have no frost to worry about here but you do there.
Check around for who does the best work in your area. Get a couple bids and have them specify what they will do. At least you will have an idea what the pros are thinking as well as a good idea on materials. You may find that its a good deal and have it done for you.

Wheres Waldo
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Concrete Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If it's not attached to your house you don't need a footing. What I did for my 26 X 38 garage was to use 2X6's for the perimeter and the main floor was 3 1/2 thick. This was 50 years ago and other than some cracks in the concrete it's still serving us well.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters