Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

American Legion

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smalltowner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: American Legion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Glad you quit, I still enjoy tobacco, high quality cigars but never in a public place even before all the bans . But I still believe the owner has the right to set the rules of a restaurant or bar, not the city.

Steamboat
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: American Legion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I trust it was not lung cancer from second hand smoke.

steve19438
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: American Legion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i enjoy a cigar myself occasionally. usually deer hunting at the cabin.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: American Legion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Steamboat, I don't think it is in her lungs, but just about everywhere else, spine, brain...

Started when she was about 8, she's 18 now, alive only through a series of miracles!

Far from remission, basically existing from one surgery to another...

Sad story.

dr sportster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: American Legion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The legion down here has a great 6 dollar breakfast but you have to cut through the bar and it is very smoky.

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: American Legion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I cannot join the Legion as I served in Army during the wrong time period. I used to constantly get invitations from the national headquarters to join up. Finally wrote them a letter to look up the dates where a veteran was eligible to join and they stopped sending me mail.

You would not believe the members of Legion who have no idea that there are time periods of active duty that apply. I served three years, two of them overseas and local guards men who never went farther from home than summer camp were eligible. That bothered me many years ago, but, I got over it. Never go near the legion, not for the smoke as they are not allowed to smoke here in Minn in side. See them standing outside.

Local beer joint (that is what we call them) added a brick oven pizza business to offset the loss of revenue when the smoking ban went into effect. I am an ex smoker but compared to the smoke and stink I was involved in all my day working at the shop, a little cigarette smoke isn't going to bother me.

Now, we have Jesse (former governor) coming on the radio encouraging farmers to grow weed. There is a special meeting taking place with alternative crops as the subject. I would hope that is not one on the menu.

My wife is cleared by Dr. to take medical Marajuna(spelling, not going to look it up) for her pain. There is no way we can afford to go through all of the hoops that are out there for that. We would have to travel many miles every month to get it in person and just getting her to the local hospital when she needs to go is a problem. I personally doubt it would help her but she would like to try it. Local acquaintance tried and it didn't work, made her loopy. I just cannot understand why local pharmacy could not handle it as long as state makes it legal. Actually, I do understand. It is because federal gov't has not legalized it and therefore insurance does not have to get involved.

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: American Legion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There is no one more against things than an ex smoker or drinker. Local fellow here was a two pack a day smoker for years. Quit and he now raises cane about smoke bothering him. His job???? Welder. He welds some of the nastiest manure equipment known to man, smoke rolling of it. Light a cigarette around him and he goes off. LOL

I do not smoke. I have lived around smokers all my life. It rarely bothers me. Sometimes in a close space with lots of people smoking it does but usually not.

Many of the most anti smoking people are fine with pot smoking. Smoking a carton of cigarettes will give you a head ache. A single joint can easily make you worse than a DUI driver. Plus the stuff is in your system for weeks after. The latest test can pick it up weeks after it being used.

ArleninOr
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: American Legion Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Randy, I smoke but not in other peoples cars unless they say it is okay. Then it is with the window open. My truck I smoke in the same way. Window open. Any body asks me to not smoke I will respect their wishes and wait until I am out of the rig. So if you rode with me, no smoking is so asked. Simple huh.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters