Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

spindle speed?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JL Ray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:41 am    Post subject: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Does some one know right off what the spindle speed is on a mower deck with 20 inch long blades?

Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My Kubota 60" cut. Blade length 20.6" Blade tip speed 14,271. Spindle speed 2647 RPM. hope this helps, Jim

JL Ray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes thank you. That is what i was looking for.

Mule Meat
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Spindle speed can be determined using simple math.

First get the engines max operating speed - RPM.

Measure the drive (engine) pulley diameter.

Measure the driven (spindle) pulley diameter.

Now an example if the drive pulley is smaller than the driven pulley.

Engine speed = 3600 rpm.
Drive pulley = 6".
Driven pulley = 7"

7 divided by 6 = 1.16

1.16 divided by 3600 = 3103 rpm spindle speed when the engine is running at max rpm.

===========

Now if the drive pulley is larger than the driven pulley.

3600 rpm engine speed
8" drive pulley (engine)
4" driven pulley (spindle)

8 divided by 4 = 2 (2.0 -1)

Now you multiply the engine speed by the results.

3600 x 2 = 7200 rpm

JL Ray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't have all the pulleys in between. I have a mower deck and a hydraulic motor which turns 3000 RPM. I was wanting to know so I could make the connections to get the correct rpm.

Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JL, just curious what you might be working on? I have been thinking about mounting an Allis deck on front end loader and driving it with hydraulic motor. I have 1/4 mile of ditch along state highway and thinking of something I can mow it with from my side only, them people are nuts out there!

JL Ray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a pair of Super 55 olivers. I'm going to mount an arm to the side of one which has a loader frame on it. Approx 10 to 8 feet out from the tire. On it I'm wanting to mount a 60 inch JD deck. I plan on making the deck movable so I can have to horizontal or vertical. So I can mowe pond and stream banks or trail sides to keep them open and brush off my truck.
Basically make a mower like the county hires to do roadsides but mines on the cheap.
54 acres mostly wooded. Two ponds and a stream going thru the property. My little heaven.

Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I wandered if that's what you were doing. My Allis deck will be Ok for mowing the side ditch, I was going to mount off to side also but I have a lot of field edges with woods and sure would like to have something that would cut maybe 1-2" stuff and put on JD tractor but probably would need pto pump to get enough flow. I have email open when you get it done shoot me a picture.

JL Ray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It may be a bit. This is a do it as I have time and find parts project. I have motors. Need to find a pump which I think I have. Just need to look. I have the deck. Have meterals for the frame work. Have the lift cylinder. Have the valves. And not in a hurry.

JL Ray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

jim: where are you located?

Jim in rush co
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

40 miles southeast of Indy. I would like to see a few more of the ditch bank mowers and steal a few more ideas. MF dealer had one couple yrs. ago and has me thinking I could come up and make one. It had pto pump and a large oil tank on apposing side of the arm and deck

Doug - Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A 20" push mower runs direct off a 3600 RPM engine, so I'd plan for that.

JL Ray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: spindle speed? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i think with all this info I can run the deck straight off the hyd motor I have. I just need to find the right pump now. I think I already have it, I just need to locate it. The rest is just labor.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters