Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Case conveyor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WK-WA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject: Case conveyor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Came across an ad for a 16 ft conveyor, with pictures. It is mounted on a v-shaped platform with a single axle and wheels at the base.It is PTO driven and the conveyor (with the chain at the bottom) is v-shaped and was used for loading Christmas trees. Along the base of the conveyor, in large letters, is the name CASE. Question: Did Case ever built conveyors or is it some sort of an aftermarket implement with the Case name on it? (This is south of Portland, OR) Any ideas? Thanks, Wayne

Case Nutty 1660
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Case conveyor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The E-2 elevators can be used for many items,, grain , cob corn hay bags ect depending on how the sides are set maybe it was one of them
cnt

farmerwithmutt
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Re: Case conveyor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That brings back memories i can still remember pulling the bolts out and changing the sides between oats and straw.We had a gas motor original but my sister was playing with the lift crank . Still have the corn screen for it.

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Case conveyor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I think my dad had a Case elevator like that back in the 60's. I remember watching him get it ready for ear corn when I was around 4-5 years old.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Case conveyor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did it look like these pics?? If so it was an EH elevator with a drag shut. The EH has a large CASE decal on the drag. The E2 in second pic did not. The EH was a flat bed 2 chain elevator. E2 was a single chain conveyor with sides that could be folded into 4 different positions.
Loren

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Case conveyor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dads had sides you could fold up or down. Dad quit farming in November of 64. I remember him pointing out his elevator on the farm that bought it at his sale. That was about ten years after he sold out. The elevator looked pretty rough at that time.

WK-WA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Case conveyor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. This was listed on craigslist, Portland, OR. for $1000. I'm looking for one to load firewood but this may be a little steep for use a couple times a year. Thanks again. Wayne

WK-WA
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Case conveyor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Adirondack case guy: I forget to answer your question. Yes, the pictures are the same as far as the super structure. The conveyor sides are different, but they would be changed over time for different uses. If I was a serious Case collector (I have 8 VA series tractor, from 47' to 51') I would probably buy it to add to the collection. But!! Wayne

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters