Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

820 rear wheels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndeeregreg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

any one have hubs and rims and tires to switch an 820 2 cylinder from 18.4 34 tires to 23.1 26 tires?

johndeeregreg
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

also does anyone have experience with alpha rear tractor tires?

David from Kansas
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finding wheels and rims will be the problem. Those 26" tires are plentiful around here as they were real popular on some of the older combines.

jd2cylman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you're serious about doing this, I'd spend the extra money for the R2522R hubs instead of the R1600R hubs. The R2522R hubs are offset 4" more, allowing you to use a 20" rim dished inward. With the R1600R hubs and a 20" rim(which the 23.1x26 tire is designed for, and looks much better on), you can only install them dished out. Makes the tractor 10' 6" wide to outside edges of the tires. A little wide for hauling. I bought a set of R2522R hubs 20 years ago for $525.00. I then used new 20" Titan deep well rims and welded on my own drive lugs for new Firestone tires. Dished in the tractor was down to 8' 6". A real space saver in the machine shed. Keep in mind if you're plowing, you'll be better off "on land" as the 23.1 will not fit well in a 14" or 16" furrow.

Andy P
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was told years ago that you could take the wheels and hubs off 105 JD combine and they would fit on the 80 820 830.

jd2cylman
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Andy P wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:31:58 01/03/1Cool I was told years ago that you could take the wheels and hubs off 105 JD combine and they would fit on the 80 820 830.

The rims might, but the hubs won't. The parts book for the 105 show a taper axle, but only 1 key, not splined like the 80, 820, 830.

mdross
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What are the rim widths on your 18.4's I'm setting my 70 up with 18.4 - 34's and hear that 16" wide rims for the 18.4's. Mine is a puller so want all the tread flat on the ground.

rick deere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have centers and 16in drop center rims by 34, came off a 730jd wanting to get rid of cheap. email is open. will sell all or just rims.

430WLPG
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have good pair of wheels off 105

mdross
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have 34" centers as well? What are the drop center rims and what kind of shape are they in?

rick deere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 820 rear wheels Reply to specific post Reply with quote

look in a john deere book they are in very good condition. drop center means not double bevel. an A or B has drop center. But these were on a 730 and that's why you need the correct cast centers

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters