Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

O.T.Why NO response ?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou from Wis.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got to wondering if any of you folks had this situation happen to you.In December we lost our long hair German shepherd pal Jacob with congenital kidney failure.So now we went on line to adopt one.After filling out form, NOTHING happening.The folks who have GSP won't answer,but ask all kind of personal information.I'm beginning to think they aren't reliable only seeking information for what ever they are up to.I answered their request for adoption forms only to be ignored.Thought because we are not in their state,they wont allow adoption of the dogs.I told them they couldn't find a better home for their pets,NEVER!!!.Our vet will give us a good reference so what is their problem? Guess we will have to go to my pal who is a breeder to get one, but he doesn't have Long hair puppy's.Wondering what to do, any suggestions would be appreciated as the house is lonesome place for us.Thanks in advance for any help you folks supply.
Warmest regards;Lou & Victor.

Ted in NE-OH
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Could be a scam

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a scam.

Just need a few more bits of information, e.g., SSNs, CC #s, bank account numbers, etc.

Dean

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Plenty of stray dogs everywhere looking for a good home. Should be easy to find one on craigslist that someone can't take care of anymore. People get a "cute" puppy and then it gets bigger and chews up everything and is not cute anymore so the get rid of them.

steve706
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Around here the people who supposedly want to find good homes for animals are beyond ridiculous. They do what you are talking about and more...They do property inspections, credit checks, and even interview neighbours, it?s utterly pathetic. Not sure if they are mentally unbalanced, or want to keep hold of the animals to make money off the upkeep donations they receive. Lot of dogs not getting new homes because most people can?t be bothered with such a hassle.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

lou, i agree sounds pretty fishy. maybe do a google search of the agency and see what comes up. if they are shady, someone will have posted something somewhere on the net.

Lou from Wis.
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's true.Except in our case,we are partial to Long hair G.S. Like most reply's,I'm beginning to think it truly is a scam,otherwise we would get a reply. I offered to put money in an escro account(bank transfer account)so as soon as we looked at the puppy,and while we were there, we would have our bank release the funds and transfer the money to their account if we were to take posession.No delay at all.When we replied to the ad,the woman thought escro was a scam.It sure as shootin not the case.After looking at the comments posted,she took money from potential customers and wouldn't answer the customers inquiry requesting their money back.Now that was a Scam.Hard to trust folks like that!!!! I guess we will keep looking.Best thing we can do at the moment.I'm sure one will turn up for us. Thanks to all who reply. Warmest regards to all who responded. Lou & Victor.

Ozlander
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was going by the local vet, they were walking a black lab, just been fixed, be ready in a couple of days.
Went back, they said we also have a female, bought her out, I looked at her and took her home. Really a good dog that was picked up as a stray. Trained and house broke. Cost me 50 bucks.

So try a local vet they get strays all the time.
Papers don't make a good dog.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I very seldom waste my time anymore filling out online forms or emailing companies.

Rarely do I get any reply, usually ignored, sometimes a generic form letter.

I suspect those are never opened, or the information is harvested for spam, or sold.

Last dog I got came from the Humane Society. They did a brief interview, filled out a form, took my money, handed me my dog.

That was 20something years ago. The questions were basic, just to find out if I had a fenced yard, was adopting with good intentions, and made sure I had no history of frequent failed adoptions. The fee was for prepaid, discounted spaying, which was a requirement to follow up on.

One of the best dogs I ever had!

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we might not be much help coming from NJ,but there is a place called St Huberts,,they seem to go the extra mile,,973 377 2295,,they may steer you in the right direction hopefully.We got our Maggie years ago from a lady that rescues Beagles,,,best of luck

BMACK518N
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

After our Border Collie, Kate, passed after 13 yrs the Wife and I tried to adopt a rescue B/C. Went through several interviews both in person and by telephone. We have a 3 acre property and another out of state property at 20 acres. We were told that we were not suitable adopters. We have two B/C's out of the same litter that are now 12 years old that we purchased from a private breeder. I will never again go through a breed specific agency but would be open to a rescue when the girls pass on.

Patsdeere
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some "agencies" are nothing more than some nut job that wants to "save" a breed of dog. I adopted one from a local shepard rescue group and I will never ever support them or recommend them. The attitude of the top cheese was so beyond arrogant I nearly walked away right then. One dog that I was looking at had "separation anxiety" and since I wasn't able to be home (no vacation/work/grocery shopping etc) 24/7, I wasn't "fit". Lets see, I have the dog when I am home and drop it off at my parents during the day (dad is retired). So I guess it will be by itself for eons....

On the other hand, had a lab group experience that was 2nd to none and got the sweetest lab from them. It was an owner surrender and she was great while I had her. Due to the fact they are truly trying to help find dogs home and aren't nearly as snotty, they get a nice donation each year and I will be going back to them for my next pooch.

Basically boils down to the people at the top that have the power. Isn't that like any "volunteer" group?

JDEM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We tried to adopt a Border Collie 12 years ago from Border Collie Rescue in central NY. They said we were not suited since there was a child in our house. So we then adopted one that showed up as the local shelter. She is 12 years old now and has been a wonderful dog and friend. So it worked out in the end. Just like our human child. We tried to adopt from the government and the state of NY made us take "training" even though we'd already raised four kids just fine. After two years of red-tape and pure nonsense? When they finally notified us that we could adopt - as foster parents first - my wife got pregnant and we had a child the old fashioned way. So we have our 12 year old dog and a 14 year old boy - no thanks to any of these "help" agencies.

VADAVE
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: O.T.Why NO response ? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ask your local vet, maybe the one you took the dog to see if they will tell you why your not suitable. We were just visiting with one of the girls in the local vets office and were surprised when they asked do you let the dog/cat out as in outside. Our response was not here in the city in the country where the house is 800 feet from the road and there are 100 acres to play on. That made us not suitable! stupid! But that is the way these non-thinkers think.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters