Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Destroked 450 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:37:52 12/20/17)
Ok I've rechecked info again and it appears there's some conflicting info on this pump.

They list some pumps with part number E6NN3K514PA having a pressure relief valve and others not having a relief valve.

The ones without a pressure relief valve are for 85 and newer models with hydrostatic steering.
Make sure the one you purchase has a relief valve for your older sector style steering.
Or you could take the one you have to a pump shop and have the relief valve shimmed to not over 1300 psi.

Ok so is this the one you think is correct? Looks like it does have the pressure relief valve. There are several cheaper pumps on eBay also but not sure if they are cheaper made (china) etc. Check it out and let me know what you think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Ford-NH-Power-Steering-Pump-82858430-2310-234-2610-2810-2910-3230-334-335/253125242214?hash=item3aef70ad66:g:iCUAAOSwX61ZM~pN

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

A lot of those aftermarket pumps are the same, and they usually come shimmed to 1100 psi these days, even though they claim to be replacements for various different original Ford pump numbers. They can have the shims changed to have the correct psi for a number of different models, from 650 psi for the 2000/3000/2600/3600 series that have the pair of external cylinders alongside the radius rods, to 850 psi for the early 3 cylinder 4000's, to 1300 psi for some of the larger models that still had the cylinder inside the column, or left at 1100 psi for the large majority of models that use that style pump.

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've got about $2000 tied up in replacing the steering sector so i'm a little over the top about finding the correct pump pressure for my tractor. Its a 1984 5610 with cab, MWFD, and loader so somewhat of a unknown for some reason in North America. Seems these were more common in the later years but not in 84. Anyway, I was told by the repair shop that the pump was putting out to much pressure and is why the original sector burst part of its housing out. The pump they put back on offers 1100 psi but its very hard to steer even with the bucket empty so thinking / hoping the 1300 psi version is the actual pump specified for my tractor but really don't want to replace another sector.. This leaves me with the current delima i'm facing.

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

FordManiac wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:00:23 01/02/1Cool
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Ford-NH-Power-Steering-Pump-82858430-2310-234-2610-2810-2910-3230-334-335/253125242214?hash=item3aef70ad66:g:iCUAAOSwX61ZM~pN

That is the correct pump for your tractor.
What is different about it and the one you have, I don't know.
Will it improve the steering on your tractor over the pump you have, again I don't know.

I understand the dilemma with your steering but can't say weather you'll see any improvement with this pump or not.

What I can say is if this pump doesn't fix the issue you may want to go back and take to them about that rebuilt sector.

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He Destroked per the attached picture is the relief valve the small metal piece on the lower left side of the pump? Reason I ask is that one of the listings says no relief valve flow control only but I figured the small metal piece on the side was the spring loaded relief valve. Thoughts? Thank you

Destroked 450
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No thats just a vent for the tank, the relief valve is in the pump which is inside the tank.

Google partspring.com
Select ag tractors
Scroll down and select 5610
Select front axle/steering
Go to page 2 and find section 03C01 power steering pump & reservoir 5610 (2nd roll far right on my puter)
Click on the little square below more views
Item 15 is the pressure relief valve assembly
Adding or removing shim 17 changes the relief pressure
the shims are only .010 - .015 thick

FordManiac
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Need help identifying steering pump Ford 5610 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Destroked 450 wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:38:38 01/03/1Cool
No thats just a vent for the tank, the relief valve is in the pump which is inside the tank.

Google partspring.com
Select ag tractors
Scroll down and select 5610
Select front axle/steering
Go to page 2 and find section 03C01 power steering pump & reservoir 5610 (2nd roll far right on my puter)
Click on the little square below more views
Item 15 is the pressure relief valve assembly
Adding or removing shim 17 changes the relief pressure
the shims are only .010 - .015 thick

Thanks again for all your help. I have ordered the new pump and will post back the results. Also the other pump that was on the tractor when the sector went out was a 1100 psi pump with no relief valve. It only had flow control so to your point probably caused the issue with the damaged sector.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters