Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MM G1000 Wheatland LPG

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good morning 1206, one trick I use on frozen plugs is to give them a good soak of fluid film and leave it for a few days to penetrate, I then use a 3/8" impact to rattle and vibrate the plugs, then step it up to my 1/2" impact, making sure I keep the socket square to the plug and just give the impact trigger short blips, pull the trigger, let go, and keep doing that and they usually start rotating out. when ever iv'e tried using a big ratchet and socket I will usually break at least one plug or more. my breakage rate has gone way down using the impacts with short fast hits on the trigger. just take your time, make sure your impact and socket are square to the plug. and every once in a while you'll even get a plug start walking out with the 3/8" impact.

MinniMan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like a good tip. I know those plugs can sure be dry on the threads when they come out. Since mine has been sitting for a number of years it will probably be miserable to get them out. Not going to try anything till the weather moderates a LOT.

1923 Gleaner
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

carvel minne farmer wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:40:10 12/31/17) good morning 1206, one trick I use on frozen plugs is to give them a good soak of fluid film and leave it for a few days to penetrate, I then use a 3/8" impact to rattle and vibrate the plugs, then step it up to my 1/2" impact, making sure I keep the socket square to the plug and just give the impact trigger short blips, pull the trigger, let go, and keep doing that and they usually start rotating out. when ever iv'e tried using a big ratchet and socket I will usually break at least one plug or more. my breakage rate has gone way down using the impacts with short fast hits on the trigger. just take your time, make sure your impact and socket are square to the plug. and every once in a while you'll even get a plug start walking out with the 3/8" impact.

When I started reading this thread and saw the comment on stuck spark plugs I planned to reply. Then I came upon your post and this is the very same advice I would give. I have learned after a lifetime of running Minnie LP tractors this is the most effective way to remove spark plugs that have not had anti-seize used on them. A man's first thought is that the impact wrench would twist them off and the ratchet and socket would be easy pressure----wrong. You need the hammering of the impact. Very, very rarely will you break one off with the above advice.
By the way there is not a better sounding engine in the world than a 504 Minnie on LP under a load.

MinniMan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well you gentlemen have taught me a lesson about LPG spark plugs before I even got started on my project.

Yes you are right 1923 Gleaner, with that big muffler on the 504 engine and pulling under load they have a sound all their own.

Thanks for the advice as always.

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good evening minniman, john here just cruising through kiji alberta farm equip. found a mm G1000 diesel, add says needs motor work the add # is1297577009 seller asking $1500.00 what are these tracrors going for? has a cab, looks in decent shape.

MinniMan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi John.

I bought one for $2000 about 5 years ago that was running with decent rubber. 18.4.34 rears which are less expensive than those 23.1.30s. It was missing on one cylinder but ran ok otherwise. After I got it home I knew by the heat on the energy cells it was the #5 cylinder that was missing. I removed the rear valve cover and found the lock nut and adjustment screw had backed off causing the intake valve to not open. So reset it and warmed her up then re-adjusted to specs and it has ran great.

A lucky break maybe. So if the one you are looking at needs an engine overhaul and probably new rear tires I think that price would be all its worth. Just my experience.

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

thank you minniman, I think if you made him a decent cash offer say $1000.00 he might take it? of course my problem is how do I sneak it home and hide it? it's to dam big to hide!! and way to big for my little operation, of course I could try the "it just followed me home honey" story Laughing

MinniMan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well every good man has a weakness. In your case it sounds like you have two. The first one being your "Honey" and the second one MM tractors. So like my best friend tells me when he gets into a little hot water, better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission. It would be a shame to see her go to the scrap dealers because every Minni has a story to tell and years of experience to share.

By the way those G1000's will turn mighty short so unless you are tilling your "Honey's" flower bed she will probably settle right in and make herself at home with whatever you are doing. On the other hand maybe you could offer to make that flower garden a wee bit larger if needed. Just give your Honey and Minni a little TLC and all will be fine. Wink

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

good morning minniman, that is good advice, I can picture that 1000 with my 4/16 plow cruising through the wifes flower garden!! but I better have a full tank just in case she comes out and see's me Laughing now you got me thinking.

unc
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

" It just followed me home honey"
That one only works for a while-don't ask me how I know! unc

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

unc I will follow your advice and use that line only on rare occasions Laughing or I could use the line that minniman insisted I bring it home and fix it up for him and sorta forget to take it back?

carvel minne farmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a question minniman do know approx. how many gallons of diesel your son's g 1000 burns per hour? I'm talking about the tractor doing regular work, not max load and throttle wide open.

Sodak farmer
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

MinniMan. Did you do any cab interior work on the White. If so where did you source your repairs? Loren.

MinniMan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Loren

The only work on the cab so far was have the heater core repaired. It was leaking but a rad shop was able to solder it. Apparently "IF" you could find one new it was over $700. We checked for a used one but non local. So was lucky to get the old one fixed.

The interior isn't really in too bad a shape considering the work I had to do on the rest of it. Could use some new padding on the lower portions beside the seat and of course a new seat. So I can't help you on a source for cab interior padding.

I still have to do the AC but will wait till spring for that as our weather is running -30C

MinniMan
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: MM G1000 Wheatland LPG Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well whatever works. Besides I don't want you to deliver it until you have given it a good testing and make sure everything is perfect. Could take years of testing I expect. Wink

We haven't used my son's G1000 for any extensive field work so I'm not sure how well it does on fuel per hour. However I have used a 1000 diesel in the past for all major field work and it probably never exceeded 5 gal per hr. The LPG I used burned more fuel but at the time it was much cheaper to buy than diesel. Not the case today. I'm not awareof any field tractors around on LPG. Just forklifts etc.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters