Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

TSX MAIN needle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
R Geiger
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone has the thread size and pitch size on the main adjusting needle on a MS TSX 33 carb.

deanostoybox
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

1/4-40

R Geiger
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you kindly, guess what size I do not have!

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yep, 1/4-40-UNS
I assume you're chasing threads in the cast. If you're
trying to fix the needle I probably have one you could have.
I know some people don't like the ones that come in the kits.

ArleninOr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know, I know. The one you need?

R Geiger
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Royse wrote:
(quoted from post at 19:21:20 01/09/1Cool Yep, 1/4-40-UNS
I assume you're chasing threads in the cast. If you're
trying to fix the needle I probably have one you could have.
I know some people don't like the ones that come in the kits.

Right, got a couple of good needles included the one in the photo.

R Geiger
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Shocked You think?

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Re: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, UNS -Unified National Special. Also, FWIW, the thread size on the male fuel line fittings and the female threads on the carb brass elbow inlet and the Fuel Sediment Bulb assembly are 7/16-24. I have worked on fellas carbs where they tried to 'fix' or chase these threads with the wrong tap and end up with a hacked up mess with severe leaking issues.

Tim Daley(MI)

Tim PloughNman Daley
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have one but it is broken, otherwise I'd loan it to you. 1/4-40 UNS is a special thread pitch size as you know. They are available -see LINK below...

Tim Daley(MI)
1/4 40 UNS Tap

R Geiger
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: TSX MAIN needle Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got a 1/4 40 UNS tape ordered,
Thanks guys.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters