Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOCCO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Kind of sad guys the service was real good. But the economy took them out. Cornwell, Mac and Snappy. If we need something we have to travel to an area that has a dealer. So far they have been real good about it and understand the situation. Just not enough business to support them and to much travel in a rural area. Was wondering if it is the same around you? I know some people claim the mobile tool business was or is a scam. But it goes to show my area is declining as we had the 3 big ones and some that sold everything even an old German that sold S&K (but he died) NOW NONE!! Also I herd that to get into it is quite an investment, with inventory and truck. The old German used to run a station wagon or van and come and go never knew what he would or would not have!! take it away

MH
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We see the Snap on and Cornwell guys around here. But we are in the heart of Nascar country.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you bought a huge box full of tools and owe them a bunch of money they will always come to collect payment ! lol.

JOCCO
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Last of it they had a separate credit plan not really just you and the driver. Yes snap on credit will (and have) come after you, bill collector etc.

Traditional Farmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sounds like you're in one of those areas some of the folks here are from that hates Walmart,Sams,TSC and don't think any business should make a profit.Guess they think Snapon
should sell their top quality tools at Harbor Freight prices. Snapon man here does good I don't buy enough for him to make a stop regularly but if I need something I call and find out when he's coming to the nearby salvage yard a friend owns and I meet him there.

Steven-Id
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are Snap On, Mac,Cornwell and Matco all around here.

Steven

farmer boy
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Snap On is healthy here. One dealer has 5 trucks on the road. Snap On doesn?t seem to have a problem keeping a trucks in each territory. We had a Matco dealer for a while, but he found a better opportunity, so he shut it down. We now have a Mac dealer. I tend to be a Snap On guy, but having other brands helps keep Snappy in line. You have to support the Mac or Matco dealer a bit to keep them around.

glennster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

we still have a snap on guy. our mac guy quit and our matco guy went ufo. we are supposed to be getting a new mac guy shortly. yeah, they are expensive, but, we need a lot of specialty tools to fix cars, and they are pretty much the only source.

Dachshund
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The only thing good about Snap-OFF tools is the warranty.....

SodBuster87
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No offense to anyone intended but the older I get, The less I believe in name brands. Especially tye "Made in America" brands. There are a few and by that I literally mean a few brands that still have pride in their product. But 99% of the brands have long since been bought out and pride has taken a back seat to profit. Its all about reducing cost a nickle and then charging an extra dime. "Made in Anerica" has long since become a marketing scheme instead of a statement of origin. As far as the tool trucks go. I stay away from brand names for the above mentioned reason. I have found ACE Hardware sells tools just as good as Snap-on, Craftsman or any other name brand and they have the same lifetime warranty. Sod Buster

dr sportster
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My old Snap-on guy came to my house every Thursday night. Since I moved I have to go meet him but he has been no problem with warranty items.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

there are lots of good tools for sale and you sure don't need to buy from the pedal trucks

Duane WI
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't buy tool truck tools so I may be asking a dumb question. Can't you just order the stuff on line like anything else?

4520BW
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We have a snap on dealer come to work every week. He is the indusrial salesman and sales a lot of service tools so he has guaranteed income that way plus we get 25% off. Ok I never have heard of cornwell is it a regional thing??

VACLee
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with mobil tool dealers Snap on etc. Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you from NC? Sounds like you are talking about Shorty that used to come to the tobacco market peddling tools from his station wagon. I have a S&K 1/4" drive set that my father bought from him back in the 60's. Lee

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters