Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

value of Behlen power steering

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clint Skarovsky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We're parting out a 450 with power steering...any value to the unit? It's complete but wasn't working. As we've pulled it apart it seems like it had almost no fluid in it. If anyone is interested please feel free to contact me. Thanks

pete 23
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't know what it is worth but am pretty sure someone will want it. Be sure to pull all components that go with it. That will include the flow divider regulator valve assembly, inside hydraulic valve with pipe connecting valve to flow divider , and the plug that is installed in the bracket hydraulic valves mount to .

Clint Skarovsky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Exactly, it's complete so I want to keep everything needed. I'd like for it to find a new home. Thanks

Bob 7337
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just wondered what power steering was worth too. Is it worth taking off tractor or just junking it with tractor
Thanks,

D Slater
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Value has a lot to do if it's guaranteed to be okay and work or sold as is. They are old and some no longer work or leak. May just be the priority parts bad but any repairs can add up or more than double price sold for you never know.

dgoodman2
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If one of these guys on here verify for me that will fit a Super M. I think it will. Then I'm interested in it. Give me your email.

hillbillyhim
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Watched steering shaft unit sell for $55 at an auction a couple weeks ago.

gene bender
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

those will fit on any tractor that has a steering shaft to mount it on

Clint Skarovsky
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You can email me at Ctskarovsky@sbcglobal.net...text at 830-708-8167. Thanks

D Slater
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: value of Behlen power steering Reply to specific post Reply with quote

450 unit mounted under hood. More room under hoods on a 450. Hood would need heavy modification to clear. Hydraulic system to power unit on a 450 doesn't work on a SM. Steering unit will mount in front of rear steering post over the fuel tank by coupling the shafts but you will need to supply the pressure to run the steering unit. Look a few pages back at Charlie U post about mounting bracket for the behlen unit. Has a few pictures to give a idea what things would need. Lots of behlen units mounted at steering post had a one piece shaft going in that was made for mounting the steering wheel. 450 one has plain 7/8 shafts in and out with keyways. Rear shaft is longer than front one.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters