Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Is this a 772 Loader?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bac078
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject: Is this a 772 Loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Ive been lurking and searching here for a while, and figured I would register and ask for help. I got this 64 Ford 4000 gasser at auction recently. It has a seal leak at the bucket. Im trying to figure out exactly what loader this is. Looks like a 772 to me, however, on some further internet searching I found a 4000 for sale with the identical looking loader that the guy says his is as 721. I had never heard of a 721 Loader, and cant find anything on one. This was repainted several years ago, and no identifiers on the inside bracket that I can find. Any thoughts from youguys?

Sean in PA
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Is this a 772 Loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is there a metal tag on the loader frame with a Series number, like I9-xxx? Replace the I with the number 1 and search on the New Holland parts site and you will see what loader model that frame series number matches up to.

Also, that does look like a fairly early 3 cylinder 4000, but they were officially released as a 1965 model year tractor, so I wouldn't call it a 1964 if I were you, especially when trying to look for parts or you may end up with parts for the earlier 4 cylinder 4000 which was a completely different tractor with almost no parts in common with yours.

Fordfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this a 772 Loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I haven't found anything on a 721, either. There was a 771, which was a lighter version of the 772. That looks like a 772 to me, except the braces between the boom arms near the bucket. Maybe added/repaired?
The tractor isn't a '64 4000... that would be a smaller, lighter 4-cylinder model. The one pictured is a '65 to early '68, 3-cylinder model. A nice step up from the earlier ones.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this a 772 Loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I looked at his pictures this morning and was pretty sure it was a 772 but those extra braces in front made me wonder so I didn't reply.
I had another Ford loader that came off a 3000 SOS that I parted out a few years ago.
The main frame was very similar to the 772 I had but the lift arms were not boxed like a tube. They were open in the inside.
I wonder if that was a 771. No tags or ID on it.
Lift arms were lighter duty than the 772.
Yes, that tractor is not a 64. It is 65 or newer.

bac078
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this a 772 Loader? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You are right. 65. I fat fingered it. The I-beams are welded on. Here is the ad I saw for the 721. I assume he
probably mistyped it. There are no stamps that I can find on the loader.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters