Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Long Gone DC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject: Long Gone DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

We found a picture of one of the 2 DCs originally owned by my great grandfather. One had Eagle Hitch and the other did not. The eagle hitch tractor came with a model BER plow and a EH subsoiler (we still have the subsoiler).

I threw in a few other photos as well.

chuck machinist
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Long Gone DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Some healthy Pork there Ben. See you at the North Iowa Meeting Saturday

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Re: Long Gone DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Is that a Case grinder behind the LP DC? Those are some big ol sows!

olgentdc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: Long Gone DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Those pics SPeak Volumes about Your Heritage and Mine ,too .. Thank You ,.They Show Family Pride in working together, Responsibility , Good animal husbandry . also nice maintained equipment and buildings , Why , In the 1st pic,.,. The barn even Sports vents in thewsoffit of the overhang .I know life was tuf then ,, but it dont seem like it... I came from a strong Farm FAMILY background ,,..And i certainly Gained from the Lessons of the strong personalities of my ancestors.. i dont know what if anything my Gran Children Will Appreciate from my own life..

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Long Gone DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies. The grinder is not a Case but rather a 3rd party brand like a Wards. Chuck, Looking forward to seeing you and Pastor John. I hope you brought your warm clothes!

C.Amick
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Long Gone DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Were both DC's propane?

connor9988
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Long Gone DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, they were both propane. The hand clutch was traded for the foot clutch as my great uncle had polio and could operate the foot clutch easier.

Don Rudolph
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Long Gone DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Awesome historical pics Ben! Nice to see a DC LP in action from the old days. Boy, there was some bacon walking around in those pics LOL Don

L.Fure
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Long Gone DC Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice looking Hampshire hogs. Did your family sell purebred breeding stock?

My uncle had a truck similar to the one in your picture. He had the habit of parking his pickup in the barnyard too. The cows had the mirrors knocked off right away, and used it as a scratching post. Then the sow's would chew off a couple tire valve stems off every now and then. The truck looked like it had been in a wreck. I could never understand why he abused his equipment like that. There was even a pregnant sow that got stuck under it on a hot summer day. My uncle had to use his DC and New Idea loader to raise one end of the truck up to get her out. He was a good farmer, but careless. A Holstein bull finally caught him alone in the barnyard and killed him.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters