Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

New trailer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Will be looking at trailers soon, thinking either 7000 tandem axle, greased hubs, or 8000 tandem oil bath hubs. Want a bumper pull 24 foot, 80 inch plus between the fenders as I don't need the deck over height. Also have another trailer presently that needs the hubs serviced as it's been awhile, 7000 axle tandem. What's the best grease available now? Could it be changed to oil bath if the seals are upgraded? Thanks in advance.

SVcummins
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I use John Deere synthetic grease in every bearing on the place including wheel bearings . Never lost a wheel bearing I?m sure there is other good grease but I do like the synthetic

D beatty
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I used Lucas grease on my 7,000 LB. axles. Trailer has the axles with grease zerk hubs.

PretendFarmer
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am a fan of Appalachian trailers. Though relatively weak compared to something like a PJ, I have never broken even one weld and constantly load it to the heap. Actually its probably slightly over loaded.
I consider them adequately built versus over built. Nice thing about not having an overbuilt trailer is its lighter to begin with.
They are ideal trailers for the occasional hauler.

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Why a bumper pull ? I'd sure go gooseneck.

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Can't use the truck bed for the slide in camper with a goose neck, plus I want to stay under the CDL limit. Where I live soon as a truck/gooseneck combination is seen authorities believe right away it's over 26,000 even though it may not be.

JimEvans
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Your trailer wish list sounds like my trailer. Load trail 22+2' with 8.5' wide deck and drive over fenders. Three pull out ramps and a chain box. 2 heavy duty gooseneck tongue jacks with flip down rear stabilizers. I ordered it from Load Trail. It has a heavy frame and is a very heavy trailer.
[/img]

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Oil bath hubs can be a pain as they leak often. 8k axles and wheels and tires also cost a lot more for not much more capacity. Greased bearings shouldn't be causing you much trouble unless you have some other issue to cause it. Are you over greasing them?

Welding man
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Rich have you looked at these. I am really considering one for my smaller tractors.
Tiltbed

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not having any trouble with bearings, just thought oil bath would be a good upgrade like semi trailers use. I'll check into pricing, but may stay with the 7000 grease hubs. Thanks!

John B.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: New trailer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would go with grease type hubs. Oil hubs the little fill plug can dry rot or the O'ring on threaded plugs will go bad and leak. I've never had a problem with grease hubs on my 7000 lb trailer.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters