Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I know this little girl is going to remember this all her life. Really cute!!!
JD

Randy G
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Excellent clip! Memories for ever! She sure makes that B look like a big tractor.

craigco
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Looks like my girl when she drives the 630 around. I laughed when she makes turns, mine does the same hands stay in the same place on the wheel until one is on top and one on the bottom. Will say the clutch lever has one heck of a throw on it. If you got big hands you would skin them on the seat.

bernieinva
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Although we never had pulling back in my day, I was driving at that age. We had two B's. I thought those tractors were huge then!

Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's CUTE! She will remember that for years. I did notice dad helped her a bit, steering wheel is the larger four spoke G wheel. One of the local clubs here last summer at the fair set up a first gear drive for any kid who wanted to drive a tractor, WITH adult supervision of course. Lots of smiling kids that day!

Dan in Ohio
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I can hear her drivers Ed. teacher in another 11 years say " Girl you can drive".

Mike M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That girl does one heck of a good job.
Now too bad she has to put up with a totally wore out clutch linkage !
And since I have really bad hearing and ringing in my ears all the time I'm not so sure subjecting her to a straight pipe is very wise either.

Stroby
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Dandy

20MuleTeam
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Mike, lose of hearing & tinnitus here, ear noise protection a must.

fixerupper
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

She has it all together.

mdross
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would enjoy having our grand daughter try this club rules would not allow it at this time. I started driving Dads tractors at around 10 yrs old.

2002sliverado
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seeing this makes me think of past years with my oldest daughter, who is now 20. She started riding with me on a John Deere A when she was about the age of 16 months. From that time, and every year since, she has been on that John Deere A for my hometown's annual summer celebration. It wasn't long and she was handling the steering wheel herself. She moved up to driving it without me sitting on the seat, and just standing on the drawbar to be there if needed. She has been driving solo for a number of years now. She laid claim to that A at a very young age.

I climbed on to the seat or into the cabs of tractors as far back as I can remember. The first tractor I drove solo was a 1962 model year 3010 Deere. I drove that tractor from feed yard to feed yard and doing the daily cattle feeding chores. I thought the "H pattern" shift setup on a Farmall seemed strange, since all I wanted to drive was the John Deere. I was 5 or 6 at the time. Everyone felt more safe and secure in the farm yard when I was on the John Deere, versus the 450 Farmall........................which had very poor brakes.

Hotflashjr
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Here is one for the future of JD collecting!!! FUN time Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Awesome! I better not let my daughter see this. She got to the point on our 1020 last year where I had to ride on the step and she did all the steering and throttle work. She just needed me to operate the clutch.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> John Deere All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters