Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Utu front end cover

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr1983
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What do you do for a replacement on the top cover for the front end of a UTU? Agco pn UT5800A. I am in the rust belt and all five of the u front ends I have the top cover is rotted through. Makes it hard to keep water out. Do you make a new one or are they available some where? I have not tried agco as its an hour drive to the nearest one.

jr1983
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Guess I should add I have never had one apart with enough left to use it as a design if I need to fabricate one.

F-MM
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Our 50 utu had one of those thin plates on it that was all rusted out too and it had allowed water to run down inside and freeze and that split the casting. I have a non running 51 utu so I switched front ends on the two and realized that one had a much heavier plate for a cover, like maybe 1/4" metal. It is a little bit different too as I recall it extends out a little further where the hood latch hooks down but I made it work and look original. You could probably make one but like you said, you need a pattern but you could try drawing a cardboard one first to cover the area.

jwuertz
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If I remember correctly Welters in Missouri had them for sale.

Scout2008
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

JWuertz, please email me. I have a couple questions for you.

Kevin Moschenrose
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I will have to look out in my parts box but I think I have a good one. I can check tomorrow and see.

UB-ToMMy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Years ago I had a pedestal cover made for my UB. I made a drawing from the original cover and gave the drawing and the original cover to the sheet metal place to make.
I must have put the holes in it later using the original part since the drawing doesn't show any holes.

WGM
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I made a new cover for my UB using 14ga galvanized iron.

jr1983
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-UB-ToMMy wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:32:49 01/15/1Cool Years ago I had a pedestal cover made for my UB. I made a drawing from the original cover and gave the drawing and the original cover to the sheet metal place to make.
I must have put the holes in it later using the original part since the drawing doesn't show any holes.

This looks absolutely awesome. Thank you very much. I am not a sheet metal expert but I'm pretty sure I can get it done from this. Thanks again.

UB-ToMMy
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Didn't realize the copy would show up so blurry. If you need a better copy, email me and I'll send you a PDF.

jr1983
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-UB-ToMMy wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:16:26 01/18/1Cool Didn't realize the copy would show up so blurry. If you need a better copy, email me and I'll send you a PDF.

My email is open and I would appreciate a PDF greatly. I done see where your contact is open.

jr1983
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Utu front end cover Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-UB-ToMMy wrote:
(quoted from post at 03:16:26 01/18/1Cool Didn't realize the copy would show up so blurry. If you need a better copy, email me and I'll send you a PDF.

My email is open and I would appreciate a PDF greatly. I done see where your contact is open.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Minneapolis Moline All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters