Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

8N tractor value?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
takpak
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: 8N tractor value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I originally posted this over on general tractor talk, and they suggested the "N" forum, so here it is!

I'm working with a church charity that had an 8N FUNK donated to them. The previous owner bought it from the restorer, and it has seen
virtually no use since. Older restoration, but not used much since restored. Has been stored inside, kept dry and clean. Basically a show
tractor. It is in very good shape. Really good paint, new condition tires (still with the molding nubs on them), good running engine,
virtually no oil leaks (occasional drip) 12 volt conversion, tight steering, headlights, rear work light, red rear light, all gauges and
systems work good. Starts practically on second rotation of engine. All in all I'd say it's a tractor in really good condition. Doesn't
need any work to be a show tractor, or a working one either, if so desired. Tire sizes are; 14.9 by 24 on rear, and 6 by 16 on the front.
Has the flathead six for the FUNK conversion. The engine also has the cast iron oil pan. Has been serviced and is ready to go to a new
owner. What would be a good asking value for the tractor? Prices seem to be all over the place. Best estimate I have garnered is between 6
and 8K. Is this reasonable? Am I low or high?? Thanks for your help.

Bruce (VA)
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: 8N tractor value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have an 8N Ford tractor with a Ford 6 cylinder engine; the parts to put that engine in the tractor were sold by the Funk Aircraft Co in KS, hence the name "a Funk conversion". It's not rare. And, from the pictures, it most certainly is not a show tractor. Restored is stretching the term, because that would assume putting it back to its oem condition. Your tractor has, among other non-oem parts, an alternator.

A show quality fully restored V-8 Funk conversion may, and I stress may, bring $6k.

It would be a good, solid working tractor for someone. An 8N in that condition might get you $3k around here on a good day. So, I'd say $4k would be a reasonable price.

What did the previous owner pay for it? That would be a good idea of what at least one person thought it was worth.

http://www.oldfordtractors.com/funk.htm
75 Tips

Dean
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: 8N tractor value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Funk conversions are wild cards so any estimate is just that.

Probably $4,000-$7,000 in my area if one can find a buyer.

Lots of Funks sit forever.

Dean

steve19438
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 8N tractor value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

does it have a Sherman aux transmission ?

takpak
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: 8N tractor value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

No, it does not have the Sherman. Just the standard 4 speed w/reverse.

Bill M. From Illinois
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 8N tractor value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I looked at Ebay and a Junker sold for 4K that needed a bunch of work but it did have a Sherman. I think this was in MI.

Ultradog MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: 8N tractor value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Are you thinking of buying this tractor yourself or just trying to help out the charity?
If you are thinking about buying it I would remind you that for the prices those things bring you could buy a much newer tractor with a lot more features.

Kirk-NJ
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: 8N tractor value? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

As an owner of a six cylinder funk, in my area, between $2800/$4000, There's not much of a demand for the six cylinder funk as a there are for the V8's
There's one on CL now for $1800. Sure maybe not as pretty but $1800 is an asking price and it's been on for four days now.
Will sell mine if someone has an interest.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters