Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cub Cadet Model 1450

View previous topic :: View next topic  
istechjr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a Cub Cadet model 1450 that all of a sudden it will not lift the Snow Thower. If I disconnect the linkage it will move but not very well. Can anyone help me try to fix this?

R Bedell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

istechjr:

Two things to check first.

(A) Is the Hydro Fluid to the proper level? Remove the Rear End Cover...Plug. If properly filled, it should just start to run out. If not, add HyTran Hydro Fluid.

(B) The Hydro Filter may be partially restricted. IF......that is the case, then it is time not only to change the Filter, but the Hydro Fluid as well.

istechjr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

R Bedell wrote:
(quoted from post at 00:29:47 01/12/1Cool istechjr:

Two things to check first.

(A) Is the Hydro Fluid to the proper level? Remove the Rear End Cover...Plug. If properly filled, it should just start to run out. If not, add HyTran Hydro Fluid.

(B) The Hydro Filter may be partially restricted. IF......that is the case, then it is time not only to change the Filter, but the Hydro Fluid as well.

I just replaced all the fluid as well as the filter.

I worked the valve for about 1/2 hour thinking that there was air in the lines.

istechjr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I just replaced all the fluid as well as the filter.

I worked the valve for about 1/2 hour thinking that there was air in the lines.

thanks for the thought however.

R Bedell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

istechjr:

Since you have to remove the Rear Cover Plate to change the Hydro Fluid, did you clean up any residual "gunk" that usually is in there, making the rear end really clean...???

istechjr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes I did and everything looked really clean.

Bob
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The "implement relief valve" in the hydro transmission could have debris in it, or it's spring could have broken.

If you can "T" into the line from the pump to the valve, pressure there should read around 800 PSI with the cylinder full extended or fully retracted and the control lever held in the "lift" or "lower" position.

Other possibilities...I suppose something could have happened inside the control valve, or possibly the piston seal inside the hydraulic cylinder could have failed.

I've attached a link to the factory service manual for the hydro below.
Service manual for hydro

R Bedell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

istechjr:

Does the tractor move forward and reverse "normally"......????

istechjr
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes the tractor seems to move forward and reverse like it should.

R Bedell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

istechjr:

Quote:
Yes the tractor seems to move forward and reverse like it should.

Then there is some restriction in the "lift circuit", to include piping, control valve, and/or hydraulic cylinder.

dhermesc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I had a more basic problem with my 1450 when it wouldn't life. The roll pin in the rock shaft broke. It was a pain to line everything up and drive the broken pin out.

R Bedell
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

dhermesc:

Quote:
I had a more basic problem with my 1450 when it wouldn't life. The roll pin in the rock shaft broke.

I have had that happen too. BUT...if that happens, then the tractor won't move forward/reverse normally, and HE said it did.

Married2Allis
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Cub Cadet Model 1450 Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Check your hydraulic piston mounting to frame, it may have worked itself loose.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters