Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RGMartin wrote:
(quoted from post at 13:55:31 01/02/1Cool Yes. the lifters for the push rods and the return passages from the rocker cover are behind them.
what can i use for now to seal i will order gasket tomorow snow storm 40cm of snow coming

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

what do they call those small covers so i can order tomorow

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tappet inspection covers.

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

RGMartin wrote:
(quoted from post at 05:06:48 01/03/1Cool Tappet inspection covers.
ok thanks

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i thought the tractor garage opened my pto to fix they check it and they said did a setting now cant engage the 540 a weird sound but the
1000 no problem i want to take off the pto unit will do it myself is there anything special to unbolt before pulling the pto unit off so
nothing breaks

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

no it does not do it in 1000 the 1000 is smooth but the 540 is rough what gear and bearings i have to get and all parts numbers and a phone number to buy

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

and what gear do i have to change the case dealer all bearings r back order i am in canada

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

a guy told me right behind the hydraulic filter there is 2 7/16 bolts for pump pipe to take that off before pulling pto unit off is that the right way to pull unit off

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i am taking the pto unit out this saturday would like help or info how to take the pto unit out

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's been a few years since I pulled the PTO assy off my 990, but I don't recall having to work on anything outside of the PTO cover itself. It's not a bad job at all. But you have to be careful putting it back together and get the hyd pump gears messed right by bumping the starter so that it slides in correctly. If you don't you can chip the gear teeth or break the gears and that get's expen$ive.

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

ok a guy said there 2 7/16 bolt under for hydraulic pipe a brass fitting he said to take off before pulling the pto unit off he said its right behind the hydraulic filter cover and is there a way to line up pump gear so it wont chip the gear like a special way to do it and is it better to pull the pto unit strait out or if it tilts a little does it matter i dont want to break nothing i found the bearing with snap ring the one you cant get no more RBL makes them

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

does it take a gasket between the pto unit and rear end

wallacegod
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

i checked this morning when i drained the hyd oil i think what the guy was telling for 2 7/17 bolt it looks like a small switch with wire right under the pto in back there is nothing behind hyd oil filter cap thats the only 2 7/16 bolts i see

RGMartin
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Cut the heads off of 2 6" long bolts, screw them in holes on opposite sides of the housing, and use them as guide rods to slide the PTO box off and on. It makes meshing the gears and aligning easy versus fighting it while trying to hold up the heavy gear box.

Bret4207
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1975 david brown 990 pto arm shakes and disengages Reply to specific post Reply with quote

wallacegod wrote:
(quoted from post at 23:41:51 01/26/1Cool does it take a gasket between the pto unit and rear end

Yes, but form a gasket goo works fine.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters