Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Repowered JD skid steer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg oliver
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was able to get some photo's of the skid steer with a Kubota engine off a refrigerated trailer. He uses the machine almost daily and I thought he did a neat repower.

jm.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is a v 2203 but when he goes to his tractor dealer for parts he will need all those other numbers. Different injectors and lots of internal parts as well as oil pan ect. Parts for that engine need to come from and KUBOTA industrial engine dealer which are far and few.

greg oliver
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

He has been using it for his firewood business for over a year with no problems. He cleaned out the heifer barn that was bedding packed and worked great. He has had a harder time finding parts for his dead Oliver.

J. Schwiebert
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I hope he did not take the engine out with the HPD in the frame!. What does he need for the tractor?

greg oliver
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

John, I think he's figured that out now. I told him my dad had bent the PTO shaft years ago doing it that way. I think he had trouble finding bearings and rings. I loaned him my repair manual I guess he didn't read it.

tlock0331
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-J. Schwiebert wrote:
(quoted from post at 10:17:32 01/27/1Cool I hope he did not take the engine out with the HPD in the frame!. What does he need for the tractor?

what is a HPD? i have really been scratching my head on that one....

greg oliver
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

tlock, Some Oliver tractors have an auxiliary transmission called the Hydra-Power Drive. With the unit in under drive which is around 26 per cent speed reduction. In direct it has a straight thru power flow. Oliver also had a Reverse-O-Torc for the industrial tractors that was a forward or reverse like a modern backhoe. They also had a creeper drive but could only be used in 1st second and 4th gear. They also had a 3 speed Over-Under Hydraul Shift.

tractorguy2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back in the 80's a guy here replaced the air cooled engine in his JD skidder with the engine out of an AC model G tractor. He still uses it today. Starts it with a hand crank.

tlock0331
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

greg oliver - thanks for the info. so where does it sit in relation to the tractor or motor? I really dont know much about the ol olivers

greg oliver
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Tlock, Between the engine and transmission. Unit is not that big in the picture of the Hydra Power Drive the sprocket mates up to another sprocket and a double chain locks them together on the splined shaft that comes out the transmission. In the picture the HPD is under the fuel tank.

Robert Major
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Repowered JD skid steer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yeah those shafts bend real good , I saw one a guy pulled a motor out of with a big cat wheel loader when I worked in the wrecking yard. he'd got a 45 degree bend in the shaft before he figured out "something else needed to be disconnected". He had quite the reputation for messing parts up by bending stuff, taking harder to remove stuff apart with a cutting torch destroying other good parts, or busting bolts off in castings with the big impact wrench. Eventually he left but not by his own choice L.O.L.
Regards Robert

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters