Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MW o-rings sleeves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoubleBFarms
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: MW o-rings sleeves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a allis chalmers d-17 gas with M&W pistons, Trying to find o-rings to fit M&W sleeves.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: MW o-rings sleeves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did you check a Hastings catalog?

DrAllis
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: MW o-rings sleeves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Good luck if you can find them !!! I'll take a set of eight if you do. They are an odd size and I don't think you'll find any of them anywhere. I hope I'm wrong.

Aaron SEIA
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: MW o-rings sleeves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Might be more work, but why can't you drop the M&W pistons in a stock AC or aftermarket sleeve? I understand if you have good sleeves you want to reuse.
AaronSEIA

EP
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: MW o-rings sleeves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try McMaster Carr

Mike(NEOhio)
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: MW o-rings sleeves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a set of six that I ordered from Reliance. Wrong ones due to the usual Allis-Buda mixup. Got the right ones and they didn't want them back. If you think they'll work.

Brian G. NY
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: MW o-rings sleeves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Try this place: Global O-Ring and Seal, LLC.
Great people to deal with.

A few years ago I picked up a log splitter that had a leaky ram .
I took it apart and found what seemed like a really wide groove for an O-ring. Turns out the prior owner had had it apart and removed a "backing ring" that went in the groove along with the O-ring.
I had never heard of such a thing! Now, I know you don't need a backing ring but the point is, this outfit helped me figure out exactly what I needed to fix the problem.
If you go to this site, I'm sure you will be able to get the O-rings you need for your sleeves.
They have groove measurement charts and they can fix you up with any size imaginable.
They also explain what composition O-rings fit what application.
I never knew there was so much to know about O-rings.
I use it for a reference source now.

BushogPapa
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: MW o-rings sleeves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

When installing, use Permatex #2 non-hardeniing sealer on those O-rings and plenty enough to coat the web between the sleeves..

Allis Dave
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: MW o-rings sleeves Reply to specific post Reply with quote

At one point I think Norm Meinert said he could get them.
It might be worth a try.

www.normstoys.com

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Allis Chalmers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters