Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

55 major brakes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord1955
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: 55 major brakes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

How to properly adjust them,- tightened up the cable a bit on the left one but didn't help, had the drum off and plenty of shoe left, guess I have to tighten up the internal adjusters through the slot in the drum, which way do you turn them, outside to in or inside to out?

JDdozermike
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 major brakes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

minor adjust, back your cables off. turn adjusters through the small slot in backing plate tward front of tractor, until drag back off a
little until no drag. if this is not enough: major adjust: loosten the anchor pin nut, (large nut on backing plate) about 2 turns. (the pin
must be free not rusted stuck), tap on the nut/pin sharply with a hammer several times, tighten minor adjuster untill heavy drag and dull
thud when you tap the anchor pin,tighten anchor pin nut, back off minor adjustment untill drag is gone. at this piont lining to drum should
be .006 to .010. ( i just back off until drag is gone) if this isnt clear enough email me at micahwinn@yahoo.com and ill sent a picture of
the manual

Gord1955
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: 55 major brakes Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jddozermike wrote:
(quoted from post at 16:38:26 02/12/1Cool minor adjust, back your cables off. turn adjusters through the small slot in backing plate tward front of tractor, until drag back off a
little until no drag. if this is not enough: major adjust: loosten the anchor pin nut, (large nut on backing plate) about 2 turns. (the pin
must be free not rusted stuck), tap on the nut/pin sharply with a hammer several times, tighten minor adjuster untill heavy drag and dull
thud when you tap the anchor pin,tighten anchor pin nut, back off minor adjustment untill drag is gone. at this piont lining to drum should
be .006 to .010. ( i just back off until drag is gone) if this isnt clear enough email me at micahwinn@yahoo.com and ill sent a picture of
the manual

Quite clear, thank you.... gotta get myself a manual - Got parts and pieces PDF of of the net but would be nice to have a full shop manual

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Fordson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters