Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

print size

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dieseltech
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: print size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I've always used Classic as the print size was a bit larger, easier to read than Modern view. This morning I find the Classic view same size as Modern. Anything I can do to enlarge the print slightly? Could be my eyes are just getting dimmer too! Thanks

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: print size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Probably not your eyes, but maybe a browser update that is changing any default font sizes you might have set. We haven't made any changes to the fonts or sizes. With a browser, you have the ability to increase or decrease font sizes so that setting may also change with updates. Lastly, your computer has to have the fonts and sizes you select and it could be dropped accidentally.

I just opened another session and was comparing, I think by default Modern has slightly larger fonts than Classic but then again, that may be just a font size increase that I did in the past (the font + setting usually). You should be able to tailor either since we don't force most fonts on the site to be a certain size.

If you are using a Microsoft browser, try opening a Google Chrome or Firefox connection to the site and compare the differences. Seems there have been a lot of changing things around lately with the Microsoft browser on Windows 10.

No changes on our end though.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: print size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Go to the tools/ gear icon. Once in a while my compuker will change font size. I use 1.25 magnification. I can't read the 1.0 mag.
Lopren

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: print size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

That's a good idea to say how to do this. On safari, you open preferences and under advanced, there is a pulldown labelled "Never use fonts smaller than" then the pulldown says what minimum size you will accept. Then a webpage can't get your browser to go smaller than that.

If someone has the details for the other popular browsers, post them here.

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: print size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have Y-T set up on the 125% also and it stays that way but when I go to Craig's list I have the change it every time I go there

willie in mn
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: print size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

This works for me, at least on my pooter, quick & easy.
While holding the "ctrl" key down, roll the wheel on your mouse to adjust type size.

willie

YTSupport
Site Admin

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: print size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I learned something, I'd never heard of that before. It works on my mac. That's convenient because you can do it just when you need it then roll it back.

gregww
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: print size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you don't have a mouse, or a wheel on it, you can also hold down ctrl key and tap the " + " on your keyboard. " - " to reduce again.

Dennis K (WA)
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: print size Reply to specific post Reply with quote

gregww wrote:
(quoted from post at 20:37:45 02/19/1Cool If you don't have a mouse, or a wheel on it, you can also hold down ctrl key and tap the " + " on your keyboard. " - " to reduce again.

Thank you Greg, I didn't know that either.
Dennis

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Site Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters