Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Cross motor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Achmann
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Cross motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Finally found some needed time for the 18-32 case I got a few years ago. Took the block off and cleaned it all up. Pulled main bearing caps, cleaned and lubricated. Buddy of mine that bought my dads machine shop made me new cylinder liners.( they are called cylinder barrels in the parts book if you want to be correct). Got one rod, rings and piston cleaned up ready to go back in. It?s kinda neat how this tractor was built in 1926. Got a long way to go before it?s done but feeling good on latest progress. Maybe by years end I?ll have it running!

Dugger
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Cross motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-john achmann"](reply to post at 22:05:25 02/19/18) [/quote]

Hey
That was built strong
Looks like you are on your way to a running
Cross motor
Good luck with the rest of the restoration
Dugger

casecollectorsc
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cross motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Did Case use o-rings on the bottom of the sleeves on the crossmotor like the later engines?

John Achmann
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Cross motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yes, it?s a rectangle shaped ring.

Ande
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Cross motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Great progress report, fun to watch your work

DKase
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Cross motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What material did he make the liners from? Did he find some kind of blank to machine the liners from?

John Achmann
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Cross motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It is actually cylinder liner material. Can?t remember the rough size. It was $100 per foot and the shortest they cut is 6 feet. He had enough left over to make one more if he messed one of the first four up.

moll
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Cross motor Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would sure enjoy seeing more of this, really like those 18-32's and finally got one myself last year.
Mine won't need new sleeves, but it would sure be nicer when I get done if it had em.
Do you have a parts tractor?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters