Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

To bash or not

View previous topic :: View next topic  
POPGUN
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: To bash or not Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Neither, just a short middle of the road blip. Where my family farmed 95% of the tractors were green you were shund if your tractor was any other color. My Dad said when the Ns came along everybody laughed at them,=== but he then said===== it wasn't long before everybody had one. And as Paul Harvey used to say, "That"s the rest of the Story" Now I have to go hug my tractors including the bas--rd child JD A that takes 2 men and a boy to drive. <"((((<{

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: To bash or not Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Popgun wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:11:32 02/22/1Cool Neither, just a short middle of the road blip. Where my family farmed 95% of the tractors were green you were shund if your tractor was any other color. My Dad said when the Ns came along everybody laughed at them,=== but he then said===== it wasn't long before everybody had one. And as Paul Harvey used to say, "That"s the rest of the Story" Now I have to go hug my tractors including the bas--rd child JD A that takes 2 men and a boy to drive. <"((((<{
They are all good for somebody! Smile

Tall T
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: To bash or not Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's like this:

When I was 25 I traded my '56 Mercury pickup for my first set of drums. .Years later I upgraded my snare drum to a Premier (Pink Floyd) with cast hoops.

I remember thinking that I was real glad I didn't know how good a snare drum could sound, while I was totally enjoying the low end one that I had. I had learned the secrets of drum tuning back then and the heads are all the same anyway, so the first one was fine for the time.

Someone on the other thread made this similar point
that if a guy is happy with his new N, one should tread softly so as to not burst his enthusiastic bubble.

hd6gtom
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: To bash or not Reply to specific post Reply with quote

One should tell the truth about them, tell it like it is!!

JMOR
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: To bash or not Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-hd6gtom wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:36:14 02/22/1Cool One should tell the truth about them, tell it like it is!!
"scrapped 3000". Is there anything you wouldn't scrap for a dollar or two?

Royse
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: To bash or not Reply to specific post Reply with quote

"One should tell the truth about them, tell it like it is!!"

Ok, like it is. They are great machines within their limits.
All machines have limits. Just like all people do.
Some people may maintain there equipment so poorly that
an N scares them. So they scrap them. You told us that story.

Same people may choose to deal with "friends" who would
break into their shop instead of paying $10 for a starter.
You told us that story too. I don't even have to lock my shop.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Ford 9N, 2N, 8N All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters