Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksgoldendemo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a 1970 Case 970 Original Golden Opportunity Demonstrator. At some point in its life before I came to own it, the original cab was removed. The body, paint and decals are in very good shape and it is in great shape mechanically. It was retrofitted with a turbo at some point in its past as well. It has 4900 hours. Based on that information, does anyone have a good idea of what the value of this original golden demo is? I know there were only around 550 of these ever made, but I?m not sure who would be in the market for them or any collectors that have any interest?

Thanks in advance

Nedd
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Power shift or 8 speed? Tire condition? All make a difference. Most online auctions put rough condition Golden's around $2000-2500. Average $4000-5000. Good around 6500-7500. Very few bring the $10k some people ask for.
Depending on location, I would put yours in the $5000 without cab and good tires. Poor tires I would go closer to $4000. That's the best I can say without pictures or test driving it.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What did they do for fenders when cab was removed, or dit someone just take a torch and cut the cab sides off. As said we need much more info to even begin to answer your question. You will have to drop down to Site Comments and ask moderators for permission to post pictures since you are a new user.
Loren

jfreed
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Please forgive my lack of case knowledge,but why should this machine demand a better price than a "stock" 970? Apparently there is paint/decals(cosmetic?) but are there any mechanical PLUSES to add value? I am only asking to be informed,thanks for any input.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

See lots of them for sale for thousands more than a comparable regular tractor, but I can't say I've seen one sell for a lot more. For a nice original you might get a thousand or so more. Fully restored and properly painted maybe a few thousand more. I would think sale prices would be higher since they are sought after by collectors, but it just doesnot seem to happen.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Same tractor, just painted different.

ksgoldendemo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They actually look like they were built to have these fenders. As soon as moderators allow, I?ll upload the pictures. I guess to me, 550 of these having ever been made seems to be a pretty big deal.

ksgoldendemo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It?s a power shift
Tires are new
It has been turbo?d
Operates great. No issues mechanically

Case addict
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Where are you located. I might be interested if you want to sell it depending on the price.

Adirondack case guy
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

What makes you think that a cab has been removed. They could be ordered either with or without cabs. The rear deck supports lead me to believe that that tractor was always an open station tractor. You can call Joan Larson and request a build sheet. Sorry, I can't find her ph # at the moment. Someone here will chime in with it
Loren

Dugger
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-Adirondack case gu"](reply to post at 10:05:24 03/07/18) [/quote]

I would say with all the holes in the fenders it
Has always been an open station
I would also be interested at the right price
Dugger

ksgoldendemo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My thoughts too, but according to CNH document management, ?The
build card shows twice that this is with cab, states heater and air
conditioning. ?Golden Opportunity?
That comes directly quoted from them

ksgoldendemo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Direct response from Joan in an email was ?The build card shows twice that this is with cab, states heater and air conditioning. ?Golden Opportunity?

ksgoldendemo
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I?m in southeast Kansas

Nedd
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: 1970 970 Case Golden Demonstrator value Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I would actually still stay around the $4000 range. With turbo and no cab I would think someone did some pulling with that tractor and would have to plan on an engine rebuild and get rid of turbo. Also plan on power shift rebuild. Without 100% knowledge of previous owner and usage I would only take that tractor as a project for collecting. Just my thoughts

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Case and David Brown All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters