Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Need to date my snapper mower

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donnyfl28
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Going crazy trying to figure it out. Model 306x. Ser.247769 any help would be great

tractorguy2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was a Snapper dealer for several years. I don't recognize that
model number. What style mower is it?

When I was a dealer. The last digit in the serial number was the
year. That would make your mower a 1969,1979,1989,1999, or 2009.

joe csuti
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If the eng is a briggs(6hp)check code# on eng tag/flywheel cover stamping,the 1st two numbers in eng code# is year eng built,this should date mower to within 1 yr same was built if eng is orig.Tractordata.com shows the 306x was built 67-69.

Donnyfl28
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-tractorguy2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 17:39:58 03/08/1Cool I was a Snapper dealer for several years. I don't recognize that
model number. What style mower is it?

When I was a dealer. The last digit in the serial number was the
year. That would make your mower a 1969,1979,1989,1999, or 2009.

Donnyfl28
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

the motor is newer around 2000+

Jay Phillips
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

So.....are you saying that the original engine has been replaced with a newer than 2000 engine?

It looks to be a 1969 model.

Donnyfl28
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes the motor is not the original one

Donnyfl28
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

yes the motor is not the original one

tractorguy2
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Okay, that model number is kinda weird. You have a 30 inch 6hp
series 2 made in 1969.

The horsepower rating is the weird part. As most early Snapper
rear engine riders used either a 5 or 7hp.

Donnyfl28
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-tractorguy2 wrote:
(quoted from post at 21:56:50 03/08/1Cool Okay, that model number is kinda weird. You have a 30 inch 6hp
series 2 made in 1969.

The horsepower rating is the weird part. As most early Snapper
reary engine riders used either a 5 or 7hp.
ithas a 8hp Briggs on it now

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just want to throw in, had two snapper riders. Very handy machines and
dirt simple to work on.like how you can park them in the garage on
their butts standing in the air. Is that a beauty of an original or a
repaint? Just looks very nice shape.

Donnyfl28
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jeffcat wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:37:11 03/09/1Cool Just want to throw in, had two snapper riders. Very handy machines and
dirt simple to work on.like how you can park them in the garage on
their butts standing in the air. Is that a beauty of an original or a
repaint? Just looks very nice shape.
the person that had it before me took it apart and painted it

jeffcat
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They did a pretty nice job on it. Looks good. Those macines mow super
duper and are fun to use.

Donnyfl28
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to date my snapper mower Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-jeffcat wrote:
(quoted from post at 14:48:31 03/09/1Cool They did a pretty nice job on it. Looks good. Those macines mow super
duper and are fun to use.
yea im running it kinda hard 2 acres but taking 2 days

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Garden Tractors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters