Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtractorfan
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:09 am    Post subject: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It got me thinking... yesterday I read the article in this magazine about December 7, 1941 (saga of scouting squadron 6). Some Navy pilots were already in the air when the attack started. The heroism and sacrifice of our service men and women compared to some ungrateful football players that disrespect our flag and what it cost to keep us free, WOW! Too bad those high paid players and other unappreciative citizens couldn't see up close and personal what some went through to keep us free!

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The F4U Corsair is my absolute, all time favorite propeller aircraft!

As to the rest of your post, I'm 67 years old, a retired Navy SCPO, and the last time I gave a rat's rear about sports, "professional" or otherwise was...ummmmm...lemme think here...ahhhhhh...NEVER!

Rich'sToys
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:33 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

CVPost-Fawteen wrote:
(quoted from post at 07:38:22 03/13/1Cool.... the last time I gave a rat's rear about sports, "professional" or otherwise was...ummmmm...lemme think here...ahhhhhh...NEVER!

Same here.

steve706
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The Corsair has been my favourite aircraft since I was a kid and I?ve been lucky enough to work on them as a profession, mostly FG-1D models.

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I got to see one at a small air show downstate. Had no idea it would be there, it was a fly-in held at the same time/place as a truck and tractor show.

Heard that big radial coming and said "What the h*** is that?" Looked downwind and saw that unmistakable shape. Flew right up the flight line at a couple of hundred feet, rolled it up on one wing with the cockpit facing the crowd, rolled back, climbed out and came around for a landing.

Taxied up on the apron right over the fence from me.

I'd have cheerfully sawed off my left appendage with a rusty razor blade for a ride in that thing.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

While the Corsair has been one of my favorites, mostly due to the show Black Sheep Squadron, I think my all-time favorite fighter was the Mustang.

And yes, wholeheartedly agree with the "Freedom" thing. Most everyone has heard the phrase that "Freedom is not free", but most folks don't take time to really understand what that means.

Thanks for the post Gator.

kcm.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gee, don't know why I always read gtractor as gator! Rolling Eyes

...Maybe I shouldz go backs to bed. ZZZzzzzzz Laughing

steve706
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You would have been in heaven then back in 2002 when we had the gathering of Corsair legends at Mr Comfort Indiana, full flight line.

John Deere D
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I was dismantling a Saber Jet F-86 in 2016 and this Beauty was in the same Hanger:

Absolutely pristine:

Bob..

steve706
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

For 4.2 million, it has to be pristine...

johnlobb
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I like the Corsairs, but my favorite WW 2 fighter is the P 47 Thunderbolt, the "Jug". My favorite bomber of that era is the B 25 "Mitchell" medium bomber.

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'd have had to wear a pair of Depends! "8^)

Fawteen
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Yup, the Jug is right up there.

Besides the Corsair, in no particular order: P38, P40, P47, P51, Spitfire, B25/A26, B17

NIK OWEN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Regarding Bob Harvey's fun below Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IN THE SEVENTIES, EVERYONE IN WARBIRDSS KNEW OF THE HONDURAS CORSAIRS...MUCHO TALK, BUT THEN, HOWARD PARDUE, X-MARINE FROM BRECKENRIDGE TX, TOOK SACK OF $ DOWN THERE, FLEW 5 BACK...SOLD ENOUGH TO KEEP ONE...HIS TAIL MARK WUZ USUALLY HP & MARINE MARKS, IF U SAW HIM PERFORM...A GENTLEMAN PILOT/NICE PERSON...BE BLESSED, GRATEFUL, PREPARED...NIK

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters