Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm buying a 25+5 dual tandom trailer soon. Have it narrowed down to a "trailer sales of michigan" brand and a "sure-track". I can get one of the michigan made ones for 8420 out the door with a 3rd ramp. Sure track will be about 9600 with monster ranps. Seems like PJ's go for over 10k. Those are the major brands in the area. Anyone have experience with the michigan made brand? How do they hold up? The price difference and being made somewhat locally makes them appealing.

DoubleO7
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just out of curiousity,
What town are these Michigan brand trailers made in?

EarlyB
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Appears to be the same outfit as "Trailer sales of New York". I think you'll find there actually made in Ohio.

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Jackson I believe. Haven't been there yet.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I looked the trailers sales trailer up online. The pic they show doesn't show much. With the 10" frame they are using they are going to need to have everything right or it might be an issue, depending on how hard you use it. The cross ties in the gooseneck are not the greatest, but if you stay within rated capacities should be ok. Get under and look at the suspension. If there is not a crossmember at each spring hanger and at least one of those needs to be hooked to both the top and bottom flange of the main beam, then you can have issues with cracking of the beams from fatigue. That is a common issue on trailers where they skimp on crossmembers between the main rails.

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Quite sure they said made here. Could just be another building location for the same parent company I guess.

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. I have a 16gvw now, and it's just not quite enough. I like to think I won't abuse what I buy, but you never know what I might get into.

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you get under it and take pics of the crossmembers between the main rails and post them or send them to me I'll let you know what I think of it.

What often happens with these cheaper trailers is they use a smaller crossmember only welded to the web of the main rail. This allows the beam to flex under heavy loads.

Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am prejudice,I like Trailerman Trailers. Their steel is stored under roof,stringer go through the frame not but welded in.(and we sell them a lot of welding supplies) Watch the video and click on dealers. They will not sell direct.
Untitled URL Link

JD Seller
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nick I looked up The MI trailer sales. They are selling a light built trailer. The frame and hitch are not near as heavy as most in the market. I would be real careful of getting one. I would not want to haul near the rated limit regularly on them. I am sure that the trailer would not hold up under regular heavy use.

If your working with a set budget then look for a good used trailer that is better built. You will be better off in the long run.

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the input guys. I may shy away from the cheaper brand. Thanks

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thoughts on these?

https://www.sure-trac.com/products.php?trailerId=22#

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I don't see that they make a gooseneck. What type trailer are you looking for?

Nick m
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Gotta hit the little yellow down arrow under the deck over trailer, then hd trailers

jon f mn
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone have trailer sales of Michigan trailers? Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long to get back! These have some good and some bad, as is usual. If you look at the one pic of the underside you can clearly see that The cross tie does not hook to the bottom flange of the main rail. For a heavy use trailer that can be an issue. All so those x-braces are wasted steel and weight. They are not needed.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Transporting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters