Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Converting to 12 volt

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Taylor
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Converting to 12 volt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am about to install a conversion kit on my Ford 2000 gas 4 cylinder but need a few pointers I have a four pole solenoid and need to know what hat I should do an if anybody has a good wire diagram to post would be nice

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Converting to 12 volt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The kit should have a diagram with it. So is it a one wire or a 3 wire makes a difference. 1 wire has only one wire and it goes to the amp gauge. 3 wire has 3 wires and the charge wire goes to the amp gauge and the #2 wire on the plug goes to the charge stud on the alternator and the #1 wire goes to the ignition switch the side that is hot when turned on but you are likely to need a diode or light bulb in line or it will not shut off due to alternator back feed

Mark Taylor
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting to 12 volt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="Mark Taylor"](quoted from post at 14:57:32 04/13/1Cool I am about to install a conversion kit on my 1964 Ford 2000 gas 4 cylinder i have a four pole solenoid with 2 large post and 2small post marked s and I . With all the old wire with cracked insulation or painted and faded not able to make out the color I am wanting to rewire the whole thing and need to know what I should do an if anybody has a good wire diagram to go by lights are not important at this time .

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Converting to 12 volt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wring a tractor like yours is easy and I can almost do it in my sleep but I at one time was an Electronics tec. when I was In the navy and have worked with electronics' a lot. If you search the archives Bob has posted pictures of the wiring set up that should cover what your looking for

Mark Taylor
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Converting to 12 volt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

[quote="CVPost-old"](reply to post at 10:26:07 04/15/1Cool [ok thanks I will try to find it as I am new and having some trouble with the forum navigation]

Mark Taylor
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting to 12 volt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Just need a little more help who is Bob and how do I find it in archive

old
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting to 12 volt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Bob is one of the people that have been on Y-T for years like my self. He has posted his diagram in the ford forums many times over the year. I cannot post a diagram my self but if it would help you can e-mail me and then I can give you my home number and maybe talk you threw how to wire it up

RaymondSmith
New User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Re: Converting to 12 volt Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Nice thread... Very Happy

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Test Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters