Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

case 1450 dozer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mobob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 am    Post subject: case 1450 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

looked at a case 1450 dozer yesterday. the guy says it starts, runs and pushes good, hes going to put batteries in it so it can be started. It will need a new front idler or bearings and he says father in law removed the turbo due to not wanting to spend money on a new one. under carriage looks good except for the rf idler. asking 8000.00. now the questions, are these machines any good, going to be used for light farm use. can parts be found? what do I need to look for when it gets started? are there bearings in the front idlers? I have turned some wrenches on dozers , but that was 40 years ago. should I run away? I know to many questions!! ha thanks for any input.
bob

AJ.
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: case 1450 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

There are straight roller bearings in the idlers,the outer cone fits into the idler and the inner cone with the rollers fits on the shaft,the engine must be well down on power with the turbo missing,what a fix,I looked it up before for someone and the pump and injectors were different,the 504 engine came with and without a turbo and were set up to suit,the 1450 was an ok of a machine but like everything they are all good while they stay going.
AJ

Tracy Brown
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: case 1450 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Other than the obvious, I would want to work it hard for maybe an hour while I watched the oil pressure and temp (both engine and torque convertor if equipped).

mobob
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Re: case 1450 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply guys!! I agree with running it hard for and hour but i should have said the idler bearing is gone, (just hope its not to bad to replace).yes he said it was down on power without turbo.About all i kwow to do is start, listen, watch gauges( if they work) and move forward and backward some and hope he comes off price? thanks again

NIK OWEN
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: case 1450 dozer Reply to specific post Reply with quote

PLEASE READ TO END...HAVE ONE...SUSPENSION WUZ ODD & WEAK, TORSION BARS..ENGINE WONDERFUL...TRANS XELENT...HYDS FAST...
MINE IS WELDED SOLID ON SUSPENSION, LIKE A CRAWLER LOADER WOULD BE, WORKDS FINE...ROLLERS AVAil new & cheap...DONT NEED OR USE BRAKES...I GAVE MORE FOR MINE, NEW BATTS & RADIATOR...BE BLESSED, GRATEFUL, PREPARED...

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Crawlers, Dozers, Loaders and Backhoes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters