Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MF 265r

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The paint job you are putting on it (even with the runs) will be way better than what it had new from MF.

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well I'm hoping to have it running again by the end of the day possibly.

A couple of questions. I've tried searching around and as usual its left me scratching my head maybe more than when I started.

Is there a preferred oil filter brand and number for the spin on oil filters on these? Mine is now painted so can't get the numbers off of it.

Is there any specific considerations for coolant? I have a two gallon jug of extended life heavy duty diesel coolant that I'd like to use up, the red stuff which is already supposed to have the additives. Would this be fine to use with distilled water? My tractor had green coolant in it before I drained it all, drained the block too.

Thanks a bunch for any and all responses, Justin

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

The engine oil filter 1447048M1, NAPA should be able to cross it over (any filter brand except Fram should be ok). The coolant you are using, and the distilled water will be fine.

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks again for taking the time. Hoping to drive it out this afternoon/evening and then get the red panels painted in the next day or two. That would work out good as I'm out of town for a week or so after that again and so I'll let the panels cure undisturbed all that time. Amazing what a few days difference makes in the paint being set up properly for re assembling. Way less fingerprints lol.

I'll try and get a couple pics up this evening just to update and keep my little thread current.

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I have a couple more questions as I go.

My tank never had any sort of pad or any material under it before now in investigating some of the fuel line connections I'm seeing diagrams showing a pad under it. Curious about how thick it is? I'm hoping to find something local to put under it. I guess some temp resistance will be needed, nothing that would melt? HD belting or matting seems like it might be the ticket?

My other question is if there is a fuel olive used at the fuel tank shutoff to fuel line connection?

Thanks for any and all help.

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I did pick up fuel and oil filters today and ordered both the air filters. My 'ebay' rad hoses don't fit so now I'm trying to hunt down something local. I've got to get two more hydro hoses made up to finish up the aux hydraulics. For now I'm eliminating the three spool valve under the footbed. It was leaking and will be simple enough to add in the future again if I have a need for it. I have a modern loader tractor so I don't foresee putting a loader on this one in the near future.

I am struggling with the routing of the hydro hoses still. Hoping to pick up a filter for the return line tomorrow and that I can get it to mount kind of in front of the fuel filter and a bit lower. And then I can use that to help route/cleanup the hoses. Can't decide whether to run them between the brake pedals or tuck them on the inside. I'll have a poke around with my industrial supplier tomorrow and hopefully turn up something decent for holding/routing the hoses.

Slowly but surely. A couple days behind but with any luck it'll drive out of the shop tomorrow.

ptfarmer
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It's looking good.

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I drove it today, seems to be working. Put it in my other bay and tomorrow The plan is to paint all the red tomorrow.

I didn't use any fuel olive at the fuel tank shutoff to first fuel line connection. I didn't see how one could/would fit anyways. Doesn't appear to be leaking.

I also didn't put anything under the tank. There was nothing there before and there didn't appear to be any wear? Also it seems very secure. So for now I'm just going to monitor it.

Dale39
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Hi Squisher, your tractor looks good! One thing I'd do is remove the front weights and paint under them....in case you ever remove em? Not taking away from what you've done, it really does look great.

I'm looking forward to seeing finished pics, good thread!

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks. I'd considered removing the front weights but in the end for me it fell into the 'I've got to stop somewhere and actually get this done' category. If I had more time I'd probably have ended up tearing it down a bit further. As it is I'm going to have to live with it. I'm one to two weeks out at the most I think to cut hay with this tractor. It's grown from a quick splash to a little more in depth.

I've been hard at it today and am just taking a break to let the red setup some before I clearcoat it. I upped my ventilation to three box fans for exhaust and one for a intake. It creates a negative pressure environment and has pretty much eliminated overspray and having to wait for overspray to clear. I'm really happy with how the red went on. Now if I can just get a couple coats of clear on with no runs. Lol.

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well that's that for now. I laid three coats of clear on the main outside of all the parts. Only could find one saggy little almost a run so far, so I think it went well. I'm going to leave them set up now for a number of days, then I'll flip em and try to hit the backsides with even a light coat of clear just to seal it up. I'll just have the reassembly of the panels as well as the seat and grills to deal with. Almost on schedule still I think.

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Couldn't help myself I had heated my shop up pretty warm overnight so they seemed cured well enough to handle, so I flipped em around and finished the clear.

Also I had to set the clutch pedal adjustment up. Right before this tractor sold to me it had a new clutch put in it. They said they hired in a mobile mechanic for it but I dunno. I hope the rest of it is set up proper. I could see in the inspection cover that the clutch is indeed new but they had only adjusted the throwout bearing up against the springs that hold its tension. It was nowhere near the clutch fingers. Everything seems to be shifting a little smoother now. The pto is still a little grabby seeming. Gonna hook it up tomorrow to the 9' mower and see how it engages and disengages. I may have to adjust it still. Looking up through the inspection cover it looked like it was disengaging fully now when the pedal was depressed.

If I get a chance and the panels seem cured enough I may get to start on the final assembly tomorrow.

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Well now it gets interesting lol.

I finished er up mostly today and got hooked up to the haybine to cut some hay. Well 15min in the front hydraulic pump went. I had modified the system and removes that extra three way valve under the footbed. When I filled up and ran it I made sure there was lots of oil and there seemed to be lots of flow back to the tank. No strange noises, no struggling and it functioned fine when I tested it the other day. Checked the level multiple times, but today was the first time it ran for very long. I must've had to much of a restriction. It stopped suddenly and there's no flow now.

So can anyone give me some advice as to where to plumb into my rear hydraulics on this tractor? I need to plumb my single spool valve in so just need a supply and return. Really don't want to screw up anymore hydraulics. But now I'm under the gun to mow hay.

Any help appreciated.

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I tried to attach a couple of pics last time?

Squisher
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: MF 265r Reply to specific post Reply with quote

. Having not much luck in general it would seem? Teenaged kids must be sucking up my internet or something. Can't load any of the pics I took of the whole tractor?

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters