Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

H PTO

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doug-Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 am    Post subject: H PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm considering removing the PTO from my H. I've long since stopped using it for real work, its just my tractor ride tractor now and I'd like to build a custom platform on the back. Removing the PTO will give me an additional 8" of space. I'll save it in case I want to put it back. From the drawing it looks pretty simple, just pull the unit out and fabricate a cover and seal for the opening in the rear end. Any worries with this plan? It looks like the transmission counter shaft is supported by a bearing so it should continue to operate properly without the PTO shaft in place.

Jim Ma
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: H PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

You have it, just remove the PTO unit and replace with a block off plate / gasket /rtv. If you do not want to drain the oil you can park the tractor on a sufficient enough slope and remove and replace.

Doug-Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: H PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Thanks!. Great idea on pointing it down hill, I have just the spot for that.

DR. EVIL
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: H PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

IH made a block off plate for PTO's, Doubt CIH/NH handles them anymore. Might try a salvage yard for one. They're in the parts book.

DeltaRed
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: H PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Make cover plate from 1/8 steel.I make em from 14 gauge or 1/8" when I remove the belt pulley drive/gearbox.

rustyfarmall
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: H PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Seems like I've heard of using a steering bolster top cover?

Goose
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: H PTO Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Or try ebay. I've found a lot of H parts there.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Farmall & International Harvester (IHC) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters