Yesterday's Tractor Co.
Shop Now View Cart
   Allis Chalmers Case Farmall IH Ford 9N,2N,8N Ford
   Ferguson John Deere Massey Ferguson Minn. Moline Oliver
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Traditional YT Forum ViewClassic View   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

OK Alabama guys

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard G.
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Which one of you has this sideline operation.
Richard in NW SC
Untitled URL Link

pete black
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

not mine, i do the green leafy type, haha.

grayrider
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Not me, my two granddaddy?s did it back during prohibition and one of them, my paternal grandpa went to the Federal Penitentiary for it awhile, and one of his brothers , haha

larry@stinescorner
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Then it must be Grandpa Love? (lol)

Dick L
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I am sure it was for their own use not to sell.

IanC
Tractor Expert

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

They must not have paid enough of a kickback to the Sheriff to keep him off their back.

JMS/.MN
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My uncle was cooking during the Depression- quit when he thot the Feds were getting too close. Dad always said that"s how he paid for his farm. He"s written up in the book, MN 13- which was moon named after the strain of open-pollinated corn that was used.

wrenchere85
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Back years ago they raided a still close by. They had been watching it for some time, but when they raided it they only found a few barrels of mash. Which they destroyed. Later the owner sued them for distroying his pig feed.

grayrider
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

My grandpa and his brother and their uncle had amassed 3000+ acres in the 1920?s and early 30?s from boot legging, evidently it drawed too much attention and the Revenuers caught up to them, they didn?t use corn , they were making rye whiskey here in south Alabama while they were boot legging, I was told stories while growing up that their liquor was being transported north all the way back to Ohio, hard times during the Great Depression and farming or share cropping didn?t provide for their families, money was good and they got greedy

Doug-Iowa
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Big disappointment for the Red Power gathering in Montgomery this week!

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

I'm surprised they dumped it out on the ground.

Thought they would have called hazmat for disposal and added the cost to the charges, if they can find them.

Not as much market for shine anymore, most have converted over to making meth.

John M
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Maybe where you are. Here, while there is a meth problem, theres still a good are many moonshiners out there.

L.C.
Long Time User

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

Wrong side of the state for me... Smile

Bama Ray
Regular

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

If you get outside the large city's a lot of people still live a simple life, like time gone by.....That is the best way I can say it....I am up near Huntsville where the guy you are talking with just may really be a rocket scientist...My son is a engineer but I have brothers who it would not surprise at all if they were making moonshine and more.

Steve@Advance
Tractor Guru

Report to Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: OK Alabama guys Reply to specific post Reply with quote

It must be a regional thing.

I never hear about stills being raided or any stories about them. Maybe they just don't make the news.

But meth, it's bad! Seems to be a rural, small town thing. Combination of lack of enforcement, plenty of takers, boredom, get rich quick and die young.

Post new topic    Yesterday's Tractors Forum Index -> Tractor Tales (OT) All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

TRACTOR PARTS TRACTOR MANUALS
Fast Shipping!  Most of our stocked parts ship within 24 hours (M-Th). Expedited shipping available, just call! Most prices for parts and manuals are below our competitors. Compare our super low shipping rates! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor. We are a company you can trust and have generous return policies. Shop Online Today or call our friendly sales staff toll free (800) 853-2651. [ About Us ]

YT Home  |  Forums

Modern View Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy

TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.

Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters